The Boeing Company is currently seeking a talented Employee Communications Specialist to join our Communications team in the UK.
You will be responsible for developing and delivering an internal communications strategy in line with the UK business strategy, working collaboratively with the wider Communications function, Employee Services and HR. Your role will involve acting as an advisor to the businesses on internal communications issues, being a business partner for change managers and working closely with the Communications Manager to formulate and deliver impactful and timely communications using best-in-class tools and techniques
You will have knowledge and experience of employee engagement best practice and internal communications techniques for a large and varied (technical and non-technical) employee base across the UK and Ireland
- Proactively generate new ideas and contribute to strategic thinking around all elements of marketing and communications activity within the division.
- Create engaging and informative employee-focused content
- Management of and accountability for employee communication for the 2,200+ Boeing UK & Ireland employee base across 20+ sites and three business units (Boeing Commercial Airplanes, Boeing Defence UK, Boeing Global Services).
- Ownership of the development and execution of integrated internal communication strategies that align with core business priorities
- Partner with HR, Employee Services and change managers to provide communications expertise and counsel through long-term strategic and tactical projects, and execute internal communications plans with precision
- Manage, edit and deliver a regular programme of internal communications such as the Boeing UK & Ireland Newsletter, as well as developing new channels and campaigns to meet the needs of the growing employee base and evolving business
- Provide an innovative communications strategy to ensure employee participation in the annual Engagement Survey
- Proactively manage the BDUK digital platform (intranet), and support enterprise migration to new platforms
- Support executive leadership communication and organizational announcements
- Work collaboratively with the Communications Manager and across the function to achieve common objectives and ensure effective communication and promotion of business success internally to generate employee engagement.
- Support enterprise-wide employee communications initiatives were appropriate, providing a UK communications perspective and delivering UK expertise to enterprise projects
- Communicate and embed a holistic understanding of Boeing’s Vision, Strategy and Culture across all teams and business units in the UK and Ireland.
- Organize, execute and create content for in-country events such as presentations, conferences, ad hoc events
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent Qualification
- Excellent copywriting, storytelling and editing skills
- Experience working as an internal/employee communications coordinator or assistant manager at a large corporation, advertising agency, non-governmental organization, FMCG company, government agency, media, business consultancy, financial services or technology company
- Experience developing and executing internal communications plans using the latest digital tools, based on business objectives and campaign goals with clear KPIs, metrics and a performance-based mindset
- Strong creative mindset and the ability to visualize ideas and implement them, a curious mind which is agitating for change. A proven track-record of bringing something new the table and taking calculated risks to further a strategic objective. Enthusiasm and ideas.
- A Master’s degree or advanced qualifications.
- Communication skills and the ability to confidently articulate the rationale behind your decisions.
- Experience working in a multi-national enterprise
- Demonstrable project management skills, leading a campaign from inception to report-out.
- Extensive experience at building relationships with diverse sets of stakeholders such as management, leadership, agencies, suppliers and customers.
- A strong track record of delivering great internal communications and marketing activity, preferably within a large organization with diverse teams.
- Highly motivated by engaging others and understanding how to develop the right messages and methods of engagement to keep people interested and motivated.
- The ability to understand the best mediums / channels to broadcast messages and communications to achieve the desired levels of engagement from others.
- Experience of using digital communications tools e.g. social media channels, survey tools, salesforce, other digital communications tools etc.
- Experienced in developing content for internal news platforms and comfortable providing feedback on content
- Experience developing reporting/analysis of employee communications performance; understands how to translate performance into actionable insights
- Ability to work both autonomously and within a team.
- Comfortable taking ownership and driving to make things happen.
- Proactive, resilient, enthusiastic and confident in developing broad networks at all levels of the organization
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply asap for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date
Important information regarding this requisition: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. CANDIDATES MUST HAVE CURRENT LEGAL AUTHORIZATION TO WORK IMMEDIATELY IN THE UNITED KINGDOM. BOEING WILL NOT ATTEMPT TO OBTAIN IMMIGRATION AND LABOR SPONSORSHIP FOR ANY APPLICANTS. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
PLEASE NOTE: The successful candidate will be expected to undergo a SECURITY CHECK/CLEARANCE
Yes, 25 % of the Time COMMUNICATIONS Individual Contributor No No Standard United Kingdom; Boeing United Kingdom Limited