Greene King Website
We are the country’s leading pub retailer and brewer, running over 3,000 pubs, restaurants and hotels in towns, villages and city-centre high streets across England, Wales and Scotland.
So what is it like to work here?
We work behind the scenes to guarantee the smooth operation of our pubs, restaurants, hotels and breweries. With around 44,000 people all across the UK who rely on us for guidance and support. Making sure we deliver this to a business as large and fast-paced as Greene King isn’t always easy, but with the right attitude and an unyielding commitment to our customers, anything is possible.
We pull together to get things done and work hard to motivate and support each other to do well as one team. We believe in celebrating successes and recognising others for what we do, ask any one of our employees and they will say they are proud to be part of Greene King.
Reporting to the Senior Communications Manager and part of both the communications and HR communities the role will be will be instrumental in building a great colleague experience to maximise engagement and performance across our diverse workforce of nearly 40,000 colleagues. Working collaboratively with the wider HR team and tapping into the functional stakeholders, the post holder will design and deliver initiatives that further engage our colleagues, promote our Wining Ways principles and build colleague ambassadors for Greene King. This role will specifically focus on improving the communication of HR initiatives and policies to improve understanding and engagement.
Strategy & Leadership
* Be a role model and ambassador for Greene King, both internally and externally
* To drive and innovate the Employer Branding communication and to create engaging communication around the people and culture agenda
* Develop compelling internal & external communications campaigns, aligned to the company’s vision and strategy to enhance the GK employer brand
* Create clear and effective content that can be delivered across GK’s internal channels, eg social media, video, written materials
* Develop strategies and leading initiatives that build employee engagement and a positive working culture, through effective internal communications channels and other methods
* Provide a creative and inventive approach to corporate messaging and promoting internal dialogue
* Measure and analyse the impact of such initiatives on engagement levels, through staff surveys and other approaches
* Provide insightful and innovative strategies for our internal communications and colleague engagement function
* Proactively use social media and digital campaigns to enhance the GK proposition
* Support the launch and on-going management of employee communication forums
* Ensure all our people and engagement communications align with wider corporate communications to ensure we have a planned and strategic approach to internal communications
Skills & Experience
* An experienced communicator with exemplary writing skills, strong attention to detail and the ability to adapt messaging according to the audience;
* Good at storytelling, creative and innovative
* Proven project management skills and the ability to deliver projects within inter-departmental teams
* Solid understanding of a range of communications disciplines. Digitally savvy with a solid understanding of how to maximise the use of digital content
* Change communication and engagement experience, preferably in a fast-paced, consumer-facing business
* Strong partnership and stakeholder management abilities, with expertise in influencing senior level stakeholders
* Results-focused with a track-record of success
* Strong networking and presentation, written and verbal communication skills
* Expertise in managing external suppliers and agencies
* To have strong written and verbal communications skills, be able to communicate cross channels. Previous Internal Communications experience.
What can we offer you?
- Competitive salary
- 33% Greene King Discount (for all managed pubs including Local Pubs and brands such as Hungry Horse, Eating Inn, Old English Inns and Loch Fyne)
- Wide range of employee benefits (pension, dental, share save, free refreshments, on site cafe)
- Excellent Training and Career Progression opportunities
- 25 days holiday each year (Not including bank holidays). Role dependent
- Onsite parking