Dentsu Aegis Network (DAN) Website
This is an exciting time to join Dentsu Aegis Network (DAN) as we focus on becoming a 100% digital economy business by 2020. Our strategy is driven by our unique culture with one vision (to innovate the way brands are built), one set of values and a unique operating model which drives collaboration, client focus and attention.
Our strategy and our success is driven by our high-performance culture which has helped us grow from 15,000 people in 2013 to 45,000 in 2018. Our vision – to innovate the way brands are built – is increasingly relevant in the face of accelerated change. This means doing things differently, to do them better than they’ve been done before. Driven by a relentless focus on high performance to enable our clients’ brands to win in an ever-changing world.
With a backdrop of rapid digital change and fierce global competition, Dentsu Aegis Network is moving through its own transformational journey. To support our transformation and growth aspirations, we will continue building a scalable organisation, with systems, platforms and a structure that enables us to change and scale rapidly.
To achieve success by 2020, the Communications function has evolved its approach, including a shift towards becoming a Centre of Excellence, a move from tactical to strategic activities and broader global alignment, supporting our new operating model and articulating its benefits. The communications function has strengthened it’s offering through additional insight, strong partnerships within the organisation, effective leadership and improved stakeholder engagement.
The purpose of this role is to lead Dentsu Aegis Network’s employee communications strategy with a focus on our people, leadership communications, fostering a collaborative and high performing culture and ensuring two-way communication. This will be focused on high quality, insight led, digitally shared, creative communication.
Create the best communications experience focusing on leader-led storytelling, creating connections and fostering a culture of collaboration.
- Develop and lead on the implementation globally of an insight driven employee communications strategy
- Focus on leader led storytelling, creating connections, fostering a culture of collaboration and enabling change.
- Manage communications around key annual cycle events such as Financial Results, Cannes, Global Leadership Conference etc..
Showcase industry leadership with digital platforms that reflect our digital and creative people.
- Create an employee experience that leverages digital and social environments as a driver for employee engagement and enables open conversations
- Define and manage the employee communications digital communications framework ensuring robust change management, education and ongoing engagement activities to drive adoption of channels and encourage a culture of digital collaboration
- Evolve NEON as a platform to support our operating model and business strategy inc. technology solutions, information architecture, user experience, design and governance of the platform
- Lead education and engagement programme for our employee communications channels across the Global Communications Network and the broader business
Deliver transformational change communications aligned to our business strategy.
- Enable change through clear, timely and compelling communications and engagement activities critical to achieving our business strategy
- Establish the mind-set and behaviours needed to create clarity in uncertainty and support the business through change
- Provide leadership on communications activities across key organisational change programmes such as OM2, Acquisitions, AX Programme etc..
Build communications capability with key leaders and help them to deliver engaging and authentic communications to our employees.
- Develop networks and strategic partnerships with leaders across Dentsu Aegis Network and Dentsu Inc.
- Provide strategic counsel to our leadership to drive effective communications and collaboration
- Business partner with key functions and brands to improve communications and engagement capability within the teams such as CSR, Legal, Finance, Technology, Carat etc…
- Build leadership communications capability by equipping leads with the right tools and skills to become strategic storytellers and enable a culture of collaboration and two way conversations
RESEARCH AND ANALYSIS
Achieve communication excellence through monitoring, evaluation, refinement and improvement being integral to everything we do.
- Use data and insights to evolve thinking and understanding of what our people need
- Undertake an annual pulse survey measuring our Communications Effectiveness Index; drive improvement year-on-year
- Utilise the annual Global Check-In results to understand how we are progressing with communications across the organisation and refine our communications strategy and approach
- Undertake regular digital channels analysis to drive content and channel development strategies
COMMUNICATIONS TEAM LEADERSHIP
Create a culture of high performance across the Global Communications Team and Network through strategic insight, organisational enrolment, partnership and leadership.
- Lead and manage the employee communications team to deliver global employee communication planning and activities across Dentsu Aegis Network
- Assist the team in achieving synergy between internal and external communications
- Coach the Global Communications Network to deliver effective and engaging global communications in market and brand
- Develop communications toolkits to create robust communications frameworks for the Global Communications Network to drive consistent and best in class employee communications
- Foster a culture of communications and collaboration across the Global Communications Network
- Highly experienced employee communications professional, with proven expertise in all aspects of communications across multiple communications channels
- Experience in working with complex subject matters and creating clear and compelling messages to drive engagement and understanding across a broad audience group
- Proven experience in undertaking comprehensive research and analysis exercises to deliver an insight driven approach to communications
- Business transformation and change communications experience
- Proven ability to coach executives, influence senior leaders and develop strong relationships when working across a complex, matrix environment to get things done
- Experience in people management and developing a high performance culture within a team
- Project management experience to prioritise and drive communications initiatives and deliver work on time and to budget
- Experience in developing and managing digital communications channels to drive effective employee communications
- Strong communication skills, in particular creative copywriting– able to “story tell” to land messages powerfully
- Experience working with design teams to produce high quality content with high production value inc. video and rich media content
Our values and behaviours:
Agile – Anticipate business needs, continuous process improvement, be flexible whilst maintain high standards
Pioneering – Being constantly curious, be bold in challenging the status quo, support a culture of openness
Ambitious – Strive for excellence, drive hard to achieve, learn from experiences
Responsible – Uphold the highest levels of integrity, lead by example, be courageous in raining concerns
Collaborative – Operate as one finance team locally and globally by sharing best practice and following standard practices and processes
What you’ll get from us:
This is a fantastic opportunity to have a global influence as far as employee communications are concerned and several exciting projects to get involved in such as the Leadership Conference 2019 and the general business transformation that DAN is going through.
Dentsu Aegis Network is a fantastic place to work with many great benefits on offer including 25 days’ annual holiday, Cycle to Work Scheme, and get your Birthday day off!
Not only is it an incredibly fun place to work but as part of a multinational organisation there are many opportunities to advance your career once you have proven yourself.
So, how do you apply?
If you feel this role could be what you are looking for – please send a copy of your C.V
Inclusion & Diversity
We value the strength diversity brings to our business and are working hard to build a more inclusive workplace through partnerships with Stonewall, Business Disability Forum and Business in the Community’s race and gender equality campaigns. We are happy to discuss all flexible and agile approaches to working for all our roles – we can’t promise we will be able to offer you everything you want or need but we do promise to discuss it with you openly and honestly.
If you have any reasonable adjustment needs arising from a disability or medical condition to fully participate in the recruitment process, please discuss this with the recruiter who contacts you.