Elsevier is a global information analytics business that helps institutions and professionals advance healthcare, open science and improve performance. We help researchers make new discoveries, collaborate with their colleagues and give them the knowledge they need to find funding.
We help governments and universities evaluate and improve their research strategies. We help doctors save lives, providing insight for physicians to find the right clinical answers and we support nurses and other healthcare professionals throughout their careers.
Our goal is to expand the boundaries of knowledge for the benefit of humanity.
Elsevier is headquartered in Amsterdam, with further principal operations in Boston, New York, Philadelphia, St. Louis and Berkeley in North America, London, Oxford, Frankfurt, Munich, Madrid and Paris in Europe, Beijing, Chennai, Delhi, Singapore and Tokyo in Asia Pacific and Rio de Janeiro in South America. It has 7,500 employees and serves customers in over 180 countries.
Elsevier is part of RELX Group , a global provider of information and analytics for professional and business customers across industries. Here you can meet some colleagues from across the group.
Why we stand out
Elsevier is highly successful because we are really good at what we do:
- We enhance the quality of research output by organising the review, editing and dissemination of 17% of the world’s scientific articles
- ScienceDirect, the world’s largest database of peer-reviewed primary scientific and medical research, has 14m monthly unique visitors
- Scopus is the leading abstract and citation database of research literature, with over 70m publications and 1.4bn citation records from 5,000 publishers
- SciVal offers insights into the research performance of over 9,000 research institutions
- ClinicalKey, the flagship clinical reference platform, is accessed by more than 4,400 institutions
- Elsevier journals have at some point featured articles by 173 of 174 science and economics Nobel prize winners since 2000
Our business has a proud and long history, and we are successful. However, the kind of work we do for our customers and the kind of people we are hiring, in many areas, is changing. And we need to make sure that all our people, wherever they are, feel included in our success and are motivated to give their best, every day.
Our people are diverse. And we want to better engage them through this journey, as our strategy evolves, so that they become stronger advocates – more likely to stay with us, more likely to innovate for our customers and more likely to recommend us as a great place to work.
We want to sharpen our messages and build stronger platforms from which to tell our compelling stories. Ultimately, we want to improve the employee experience for all our people and modernise the way we communicate with and listen to them.
So, we are looking for an exceptional Head of Internal Communications who knows their discipline inside out, to join our global corporate communications team who can take this challenge by the scruff of the neck, make an impact quickly and plan for sustained, excellent performance.
In return, you will get the chance to work with smart people in a vibrant and diverse global company, which does a considerable amount of good in the world. You’ll get to travel, work with the most senior people in our business, be in charge of your own destiny and get rewarded for outstanding performance. And you’ll be part of the RELX Group family.
- To develop and deliver an over-arching, innovative and long-range employee communications and engagement strategy for Elsevier with defined objectives, messages, deliverables and measurement criteria
- To advise and support the Elsevier Management Team on their individual and collective leadership communications to our people
- To develop and implement an internal communication strategy specifically tailored to the global senior management community of around 100 leaders, to help build consistency of message, cross-business knowledge and understanding – helping to break down barriers for successful collaboration
- To support Elsevier’s global businesses and corporate functions in the development of communications strategies, plans, tactics and measurement processes – advising on best practice employee communications and engagement to support their objectives, thereby helping to drive organisational change with minimal disruption to the business or our customers
- Working with the wider global corporate communications team, help build and sustain a long-range flow of news, success stories and other content which will resonate with and inspire our people
- To revamp and rebuild Elsevier’s internal communications channels so they are fit for the company we have become and fit for the challenges ahead – taking a twin focus of digital tools and face to face interactions for maximum impact. Working closely with our social media, web and employer brand teams
- To work closely with the global Strategy team to improve awareness of and engagement in Elsevier’s organisational strategy and a wider employee motivation to deliver upon it
- To collaborate closely with Human Resources to help build communications competence and emotional intelligence for our people while also better showcasing opportunities for personal development, learning and growth globally
- To build a small and highly skilled team to support the renewed internal communications effort within Elsevier and to manage agency partners
- To play an active role with counterparts in other RELX Group businesses to share best practice
Educated to degree level
Experience, skills and behaviours
- The more eclectic the better. Experience across RELX Group tells us that the best internal communicators often have a varied career across different sectors and have also been central to major organisational changes
- For this role we are also looking for 10 plus years’ of designated internal communications leadership within a corporate communications function of a global business
- You must be able to connect effortlessly with a diverse population and effectively communicate with all levels across the organisation – someone who is culturally aware and emotionally intelligent
- You will have a proven ability to work with senior management in an assured way – and you will be accomplished at being able to influence without authority
- Also, you will be tech savvy. Someone who is more than familiar with the latest technologies deployed for successful, global internal communications
- And, of course, you’re a brilliant writer because we recognise the power of great writing
- You will have the ability to work on multiple projects – often with minimal supervision, sometimes with ambiguity and occasionally to tight deadlines
- And while your attention to detail and getting work right first time will be second to none – you will also be able to see the bigger, long-range picture
- A strong work ethic is important – you are someone who will roll their sleeves up and get on with the job and also someone who will take time to listen and time to reflect
- Collaborative, patient and with a flexible approach to work, you’ll also be someone who understands discretion and maintains poise under pressure
- And last, but by no means least, you will have a desire to learn, grow and develop personally and professionally
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://4re.referrals.selectminds.com/jobs/head-of-internal-communications-18159 →