Join our communications team as an Internal Communications Consultant. You role will be key to promoting Siemens as an employer of choice, ensuring our employees feel well informed and engaged in improving business performance.
Building a communications strategy which supports the Vision 2020 business strategy, vision and values, and all associated projects / initiatives is also an important part of this opportunity.
You will be reporting to the Head of Employee Communications, delivering the implementation of UK wide employee communications programmes and channels; collaborating with the Business Partner to provide expert support on developing and agreeing employee communication plans; as well as ensuring the delivery of UK wide activities in line with HR, EHS, IT and other UK-wide plans.
- Working with the Business Partner, support the creation, development and execution of employee communications plans (in line with business strategy/V2020 topics) for relevant employee target groups.
- Ensure planning, tracking, performance measurement and reporting of Employee Communications activities via Percolate.
- Be an expert user in all our UK employee communications channels, and actively encourage the improved digital use of them across the business (e.g. SiemensWorld, Team Brief, MyUK TV, Digital Signage, SSN etc)
- Actively elevate employee specific content relevant for a wider UK wide audience using typical employee communications channels (where possible).
- Deploy and guide external suppliers/agencies in cooperation with the Head of Employee Communications.
- Build up, establish and maintain strong personal relationships with internal stakeholders as an expert employee communications professional .
- Support with the creation and execution of employee events (listening groups, divisional conferences, townhall sessions etc) including pre & post communications – using digital techniques where possible.
- Ensure delivery of Siemens UK wide initiatives locally within the division, and provide support at a UK wide level in the development and execution of theses campaigns when required.
The Internal Communications Consultant (You)
You will ideally have relevant experience in both corporate and operational business employee communications, across a variety of business environments and cultures. Your experience of M&A activity, business change, restructuring and rebranding would be highly valuable in this role.
Other experience that would be beneficial in this role would include
- Experience in the design and delivery of integrated campaigns useful, using a broad range of communication channels and media. Knowledge of best practice brand
- Experience of cross-functional team management in a matrix organisation.
- Working in a team to deliver successful internal communications campaigns and/or projects.
- Coaching and counseling managers to be more effective communicators.
- Experience of selecting and managing third party suppliers.
- Experience working either directly in or across international cultures.
- Experience of working with different styles of leadership beneficial.
- Experience in working with operational employees, developing appropriate communication channels and messaging aligned to their needs.
- Some technology sector experience would be beneficial but not essential.
- Computer literate and knowledgeable of digital technologies.
- Strategic communications and campaign planning.
- Strategic, creative and lateral thinker.
- A self-starter who can work proactively, prioritise and work on projects simultaneously.
The official internal job title for this role is Employee Engagement Consultant and will be titled as such for the successful candidate.
Show Us What You Have Done
This is an opportunity for you to show us your skills, if you have a portfolio of written work or a few articles you have written as part of your roles for employee engagement / internal employee communications, please submit one or two pieces with your application.
Please note this is not essential
Travel and flexibility
Contractually you will be based in a specific office. Part of this role will require that you travel to various sites daily/weekly which may include some overnight stays (overnight stays tend to be less frequent). This will be travelling more often to Lincoln, Manchester, Worcester, York but not limited to these sites. This is a full time role, however we understand that we all have commitments outside of work which are important to us therefore we operate as a flexible workforce and offer the opportunity to work from home and a degree of flexible hours as required.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 348,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK and Ireland, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas ,of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do I need to know?
The benefits package for this role includes not only a generous base salary, but an annual bonus. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.