Capita Plc Website
This is an interim role (for 6 months), based within the Corporate Communications function at Capita’s group head office, to provide communications support to the many projects and campaigns handled by the Internal Communications team.
A new Corporate Affairs Director has recently been appointed to lead this team – Katja Hall joins Capita on 1 October, bringing with her vast experience and expertise from across both the public and private sector. It is an exciting time for this team and this is a high-profile role – a great opportunity to make a meaningful contribution within a dynamic and diverse organisation.
Capita is the UK’s leading Business Process Outsourcing provider, with over 70,000 employees. It is currently in the early stages of a multi-year transformation programme that will evolve the business into a world class organisation. One of the key workstreams within this programme is ‘Culture and engagement’ focused on driving a step change in the culture of the organisation, creating a company where everyone is engaged and proud to work.
Key communications initiatives underway include: the development of new communication channels such as a digital workplace; supporting the Group HR team with the delivery of their HR2020 vision; coordinating employee communications for the wider transformation programme; working closely with the CEO office and Executive Committee to cascade strategic messaging through the organisation and provide mechanisms for two-way engagement with employees to make sure they always have a voice.
Key responsibilities of the role:
- Crafting engaging employee communications – developing content for employee updates to be cascaded through the organisation
- Managing internal communications channels – coordinating staff communications, making sure we’re engaging with people in the most effective way
- Working with divisional and functional communications teams – to make sure communications campaigns resonate with staff across the business
- Proactive management of company-wide day-to-day news updates – and other content through online and digital communications channels such as the employee intranet (Connections) and Yammer
- Transformation programme – providing communication support to ensure employees are engaged in the journey and bought into change
- HR2020 vision – providing strategic communications support to our People and HR agenda
- Project management of key employee engagement initiatives such as our employee recognition programme (Celebrating our local heroes) and our CEO Q&A portal ‘Ask Jon’.
- Someone experienced in strategic communications, ideally in a large and diverse business
- Digital marketing experience, comfortable with using content management systems
- Excellent copywriting and content development skills, with strong attention to detail and brand compliance
- Strong project management skills and ability to multi-task across a number of different projects at any one time
- Experience of change communications planning and execution
- Excellent interpersonal and stakeholder management skills
- Collaborative approach to work
- Confident working with and influencing colleagues at all levels
- Reliable, self-motivated, uses initiative and sees allocated projects through to completion
- Good literacy, numeracy and communications skills
- Good organisational and time management skills
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org