BMW (UK) Manufacturing Ltd. Website
Share your passion for getting hands-on with us.
We believe in creating an environment where our interns really can learn by doing during their time with us and where they are given their own areas of responsibilities from the start. That’s why our experts treat you as part of the team from day one, encourage you to bring your own ideas to the table – and give you the opportunity to really show what you can do.
If you are a bright, energetic and creative communications student who is seeking an exciting challenge for your placement year, then we have an exceptional opportunity for you.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and passionate person to join the plant’s busy communications team at MINI Plant Oxford, working across internal and external communications.
This is a fantastic chance to develop your career in communications, working on an iconic British brand at the world’s leading premium automotive manufacturer.
In this role you will support the internal and external communications managers in their daily work. The tasks for internal communications include:
- Compilation of electronic newsletters for associates.
- Investigating and writing stories for internal media.
- Updating the intranet on a regular basis using a content management system.
- Updating content on plant wide TV screens using a televisual communication tool.
- Help coordinate the BMW Group UK charity partnership and organise/support fundraising activities.
The tasks for external communications include:
- Handling media requests and supporting media and VIP visits to the site.
- Generating story ideas and proactively sourcing the content for them.
- Daily media monitoring including local and national newspapers as well as TV, radio and online. Producing press clippings for circulation to senior managers.
- Sourcing photos and proactively generating ideas for the plant’s Instagram site.
You will also support other areas of the department as necessary including daily business tasks and admin. This will include possible travel to other BMW Group sites in the UK, especially Swindon and Hams Hall.
We offer a competitive salary of £17,500 per annum and a range of benefits including a pension scheme, generous holiday allowance and a subsidised on-site restaurant. As an intern you will also have the opportunity to take part in the testing of new vehicles through one of our car schemes. Throughout your internship you will be supported by our experts in your chosen field, as well as being surrounded by many fellow interns.
The application process is as follows:
Stage 1: Online application form*
Stage 2: 2 Online ability tests (To be completed within 5 days of receipt)
Stage 3: Telephone interview with the recruitment team
Stage 4: Face to face interview/assessment centre with the hiring manager
- If you do not complete the free text questions your application will not be progressed.
Applications close on Friday 25th January 2019.
Please be aware that we complete rolling recruitment. As such, those candidates that have made an early application and have successfully moved through the recruitment process will be invited to the first face to face interviews.
For any further enquiries please contact the Central Recruitment Team at email@example.com
Please note that our Undergraduate Placement opportunities are only open to students who will be returning to their final year of study following their placement with us.
Qualifications and experience
- To be considered for this role you’ll need to be passionate about communications and be able to demonstrate this clearly through your interests and achievements.
- You will have excellent written and spoken English skills. The ability to communicate and build relationships with staff at all levels of seniority is also essential.
- An awareness of and interest in current affairs, as well as an eye for what makes a good story. Photographic skills will also be useful in this role.
- You will be IT savvy and comfortable using a range of IT software.
- You will need to be highly organised and comfortable working in a manufacturing environment.
- Above all you must have a positive ‘can-do’ attitude, be proactive and resilient.
- A valid driving licence is essential
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.bmwgroup.jobs/gb/en/jobfinder/job-description.180003FB.GB.Oxfordshire.Communications.html →