The Body Shop International Limited
When Anita Roddick founded The Body Shop in 1976, she had a vision. Business as a force for good – that’s us. Over 40 years later, we’re proud to be pioneering cruelty-free beauty every step of the way. We’re the original ethical beauty brand. We’ve got a thing for empowering people and enriching our planet. We’re all about keeping it real, in every way possible. Our activist roots remain a huge part of everything we do, from our iconic window posters to our vegetarian products to our infamous campaigns. We’re never afraid to stand up and speak the truth. We like to do things a little differently around here.
The Body Shop, along with Aesop and Natura, is part of Natura & Co, a global, multi-channel and multi-brand cosmetics group that is committed to generating positive economic, social and environmental impact. Group owner Natura is Brazil’s number one cosmetics manufacturer. Sustainable development has been the company’s guiding principle since it was founded in 1969. In fact, this is an incredibly exciting time for The Body Shop. We’re fighting for what we believe in now more than ever. No holding back. Breaking the mould has always come naturally to us, and we need someone who’s not afraid to mix things up.
12 Month FTC Brand Coordinator – Communications
This exciting role is in the Global Activism and Communications team, which promotes The Body Shop, our business activities and what we stand for to external audiences, including media and stakeholders. This role will be responsible for supporting the global Corporate Communications function to promote and protect The Body Shop’s reputation. Projects include issues and crises management, managing the corporate Twitter handle, corporate reporting and promoting campaigns and sustainability through press materials, media interviews and in-store assets.
- Liaise with our market communications teams on a daily basis, providing support and facilitating requests such as media interviews, toolkits and media materials.
- Work alongside our market communications teams to ensure they have the tools to effectively tell The Body Shop story in their market.
- Support teams across the business with reputational issues management and customer enquiries, ensuring The Body Shop is responding to questions and managing issues in a timely and professional manner.
- Managing The Body Shop global corporate and activist Twitter account, ensuring content is newsworthy, timely and on-brand.
- Proactively and effectively work across teams including digital, social media, corporate responsibility and sustainable sourcing to help tell newsworthy stories about The Body Shop.
- Support on all The Body Shop reporting needs, working across teams to ensure reports are comprehensive, finalised and distributed by deadlines.
- Research and draft briefing documents for media and stakeholder meetings.
- Support teams, including internal communications, social media and training with messaging and Q&As to tell The Body Shop stories to their audiences effectively.
- Support the team in liaising with our corporate group, Natura &Co.
- Administrative support.
Are you a forward thinking, social media savvy, recent graduate looking to step into a role that promotes and protects the reputation of a proud and well-loved activist brand? The Body Shop International is looking for an enthusiastic Corporate Communications Coordinator who will help manage our global reputation as an ethical, sustainable and activist business.
- Interest in news/current affairs and ability to demonstrate knowledge of the global news agenda
- Keen interest in business, ethics, sustainability and activism
- Strong organisational skills and ability to prioritise effectively
- Twitter management experience
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Can demonstrate initiative
- Genuine passion to make a difference in the world
- Degree in English, politics, economics, communications, marketing or similar is required for this role