Britain Thinks Website
BritainThinks is a fast-growing research and insight agency based in Somerset House, London. We put the people that matter most to our clients at the heart of their thinking.
Our award-winning business has been trading for 8 years and has gone through significant growth over the last few years. We are now a company of 40 busy executives, and we are seeking a Communications and Marketing Manager to help build our business and fuel continued growth.
An important part of our work involves helping our clients understand the national mood: the broader attitudinal context that they are operating in, and to provide the insight and strategic counsel they need to take better decisions.
We are proud of building enduring relationships. Our clients, drawn from government, third sector and corporate organisations here and abroad, value our ability to set the work they do in the context of their audience’s lives, enabling them to develop creative and co-creative solutions. Organisations we work with include Abbott, Aviva, Centrica, thecityUK, the Home Office, Joseph Rowntree Foundation, Linkedin, Lloyds, NHSEngland, Ofgem, PwC, Shelter, Thames Water and Waitrose.
Working closely with the Partners, the successful candidate will become a key member of the profile team with responsibility for the following:
– Promoting BritainThinks and its work with potential clients, existing clients and other key stakeholders including media and potential employees
– Helping us to build deeper, stickier relationships with existing clients: this is especially important in a project-based business like ours.
Connecting our successful profile activity more closely to the above aims and encouraging everyone to see their work through the profile lens, thinking about how we can showcase our thinking to clients and how we can showcase our thinking for clients more widely
Key duties will include:
· Helping us to develop our current activity into a coherent strategy which reflects the areas that we most want to promote
· Ensuring that we get maximum PR out of all of our current activity (BritainThinks projects and client commissioned work)
o Creating newsworthy and relevant content for tweeting etc, generating engaging copy for use across web, social and email
o Managing our social media platforms to build our reach and impact
o Organising events
o Helping to socialise insight amongst clients and prospects, including developing a programme of conference speakers etc.,
o Building media contacts
· Supporting new business activity, and ensuring that all materials (data base, creds, case studies, etc) are easy to access and up to date
· Managing award entries and deliver any marketing collateral including social media, events and mailers.
Experience and skills required:
The successful candidate will come from an agency background but not necessarily insight – they might be from advertising, comms etc although would need to have a good grasp of, and high level of interest in what we do.
They will have experience of B2B marketing experience, events management and marketing along with use of web-based content management systems and proven ability to manage a project from start to finish.They will demonstrate a hands-on approach, a sense of urgency and will be confident and intellectually curious, with a good understanding of successful client management and business development.
A strong communicator, they will be comfortable expressing themselves in writing or in person, formally or informally. High energy, they will thrive on networking and likely to have a well-developed address book.
You’ll join a busy collaborative team, receive a competitive annual salary along with 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and 8% employer pension contribution after a successful probation period along with the opportunity to earn up to 10% bonus.