About the role
You will effectively deliver multi-site communications to internal and external stakeholders across Babcock’s Defence Systems Technology (DST) business:
- Leading, supporting and delivering internal communications activity in support of operational and tactical communications and campaigns
- establishing, maintaining and continually improving a joined up, proactive and effective corporate internal communications process across the DST businesses
- establishing and implement the timely co-ordination of People focused employee communications and campaigns in support of business transformation through a range of channels to ensure ease of access, clarity and consistency.
- working with wider communication team to deliver group initiatives across the marine and technology sector and within the DST businesses
- develop and grow the use of digital communication platforms and outputs
- measuring the effectiveness of internal communications
- identifying and implementing innovative and new ways of working
- Identifying, developing and delivering external PR and media activity that underpins and enhances campaigns and is responsive to emerging issues
- Act as a brand champion for Babcock and the DST business – ensuring consistency of brand image and alignment to agreed corporate messaging
- Work closely with the wider Babcock Communications team to provide strategic and operational internal and external communications advice and support as necessary.
- Drive and shape People change and transformation communications in support of business growth objectives
- Working closely with communication colleagues and DST businesses to deliver operational and tactical Internal, media and marketing communications plans aligned to strategic development, business as usual, business winning, and growth objectives.
- Liaise with and influence key internal stakeholders to identify and shape future opportunities for PR, media and marketing communication initiatives, as well as identifying those that best support an integrated Babcock message
- Write and edit copy for use across internal and external marketing communication, PR & Media channels with a focus on growing digital communication channels and content
- Provide insight into wider communication opportunities and provide support to developing responses to emerging issues
- Support business on crisis communication through taking part in training, live play exercising and forward planning of crisis response
- Support the reporting and continuous improvement of communications initiatives across the DST businesses to key internal stakeholders – influencing future campaign strategies
- Develop a thorough knowledge and understanding of communication tools and techniques and how we best implement these across the DST businesses
- Stay current on communications trends and industry developments, such as digital communications and benchmark with similar organisations.
- Share best practice with other colleagues to ensure visibility and optimisation of communication opportunities.
- Drive innovative and new ways of working
What do I need to do the role?
You will have a Degree, HND, HNC (or Diploma) in a Marketing Communications, Public Relations, Journalism/Creative Writing or a related subject and 3 years+ experience working in a corporate or Agency environment. Or over 5 years working in a senior role within a corporate communications environment.
- They will have experience in engaging with a wide range of stakeholders and establishing both internal and external relationships in a corporate setting.
- They will be able to demonstrate the capability to produce and distribute high quality communications materials to a wide audience using a variety of mediums.
- They will be able to multi-task effectively to meet deadlines
- They will have excellent written, IT and interpersonal skills, be confident creative, independent, patient and flexible with some people management experience.
- The post holder will play an important role in the transformation of communications for Marine Training and will have a keen interest in delivering accurate, engaging and relevant communication
What else do I need to know?
- The successful candidate must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role.
- We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
We’re committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme. You’ll benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you’ve completed this you’ll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices.
If you experience difficulties please check our career website for more information. Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and we will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week’s special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please check our career website for more information.
Closing date: 10th January 2019