- Reporting to the Head of Media Relations and Campaigns for Global Retail Banking and Wealth Management (RBWM), the role holder will be primarily responsible for supporting the development and execution of employee communications for Global Brand, Marketing and Sponsorship.
- The role holder will work closely with a Senior Media Relations Manager to develop integrated internal and external plans and campaigns to support Global Brand, Marketing and Sponsorship, and will have the opportunity to get involved in external communications activity.
- The role holder will also provide employee communications for key commercial products and services.
- This role holder will work collaboratively with the wider regional Communications hub and regional marketing colleagues.
Impact on Business
- Co-ordinate all employee comms for the Marketing function, including written communications, presentations, planning small and large events (including huddles, leadership offsites and town halls).
- Manage the content pipeline, and create and share great content using a range of media and story-telling to engage employees.
- Source and provide relevant stories to feed the local, regional and global channels.
- Partner with the Senior Media Relations Manager to ensure the development of integrated communications plans and support on media relations activity with the help of our PR agencies.
- Anticipate and identify issues that may have an impact on the Global business and provide insight, analysis and counsel to managers and the Head of Media Relations.
- Ensure robust and appropriate measurement processes and tools are in place to evaluate employee and external communications activity.
Customers / Stakeholders
- Work with the Group Head of Marketing and the Global Marketing leadership team to understand and communicate their priorities, providing advice and guidance as required.
- Collaboration with other global functions, such as Group Communications and Corporate Sustainability.
- Work collaboratively with communications colleagues globally to ensure local employee communications plans are aligned with regional and global communications strategies.
Leadership & Teamwork
- Work collaboratively with global Communications colleagues.
- Work closely with Employee Insight & Communications and the News teams to ensure consistency between stories told internally and externally.
- Keep up-to-date with latest employee communications research, digital tools and approaches, and network externally with peers.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Adhere to all Global Communications policies and standards.
- Comply with all controls related to the handling of price sensitive information.
- Comply with Group policies and procedures, ensuring all required records are retained as appropriate.
- Observe the requirements of the Media Relations governance framework.
- Global operating model requires ability to operate effectively in a matrix model.
- Involvement with communications activities across multiple markets within the global business.
- Balancing complex external and internal risks and issues which have the potential to impact HSBC’s reputation and license to operate.
- The scale and complexity of HSBC across a variety of cultural and geographic boundaries.
- The rapid pace of business, regulatory and cultural changes and the intense media scrutiny of the banking sector.
- Ensuring the consistency of corporate messages across the global business.
- Against this background the role holder will be required to provide advice, guidance and support to their respective stakeholders.
- The role holder needs to exercise considerable judgment to ensure key messages are not lost in vast amounts of superfluous employee communications. The role holder will act as a gatekeeper to control, manage and prioritise information to ensure employees are not bombarded with messages. This involves negotiation skills, as well as strong audience understanding.
- Role holder will report to the Head of Media Relations and Campaigns for Global RBWM.
- Expected to act with a degree of autonomy.
- Role holder will be comfortable working for a large, complex international organisation, with stakeholder contact being required at country, regional and global levels.
- The day-to-day delivery of the role will require the role holder to establish and maintain strong relationships both inside and outside the Communication function.
- Communications is an environment where flexibility is essential to meet the changing requirements made on the function.
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications
- 2-5 years’ experience developing, managing and implementing employee communication plans translating into solid and practical delivery programmes.
- A keen desire to learn about and work in media relations alongside employee communications.
- Thrives working in a fast-paced environment with an ability to manage multiple projects and tight deadlines simultaneously.
- Strong commercial focus; external awareness of market/industry/regulatory issues.
- Good personal impact and presentation.
- Creative thinker and problem solver.
- Willingness to work outside office hours when required.
- Able to scrutinize costs and budgets.
- Experience of working with senior stakeholders.
- Experience working for both consumer and corporate brands.
We are a diverse workforce and it is part of our organizational culture, it reflects our belief that diversity of thought, background and perspective make HSBC a stronger organization. We strive to implement a culture that is inclusive, diverse, positive and performance-oriented.
Having a diverse workforce allows us to benefit from a variety of perspectives and strengthens our local and global competitiveness. We value diversity in our workforce and encourage all qualified candidates to apply from a variety of perspectives and strengthens our local and global competitiveness. We value diversity in our workforce and encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://hsbc.taleo.net/careersection/external/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en_GB&job=732902 →