High Speed Two (HS2) Website
As Communications Manager – Internal Communications and Employee Engagement Phase One at HS2, you will develop and deliver integrated internal communications and employee engagement that supports Phase One of the HS2 project as it prepared to reach a key milestone in Spring 2019.
The role will co-ordinate key messages, narrative development and content to support employee engagement during a pivotal moment as the business moves to a more agile way of working with its supply chain.
About the role:
- Co-ordinate the plan of Phase One internal communications and engagement activity that informs and engages staff with key mile stones and HS2’s business strategy, enabling behavioural and cultural change, while remaining fully integrated with corporate internal and external campaigns
- Develop and deliver a Phase One communication and engagement programme, working with colleagues and other stakeholders to deliver timely, targeted, creative and effective internal engagement that meets defined objectives
- Build relationships with the wider Corporate Affairs team, supporting the head of Internal Communications campaigns with messaging around Phase One communications and key milestones
- Deliver internal communications and use internal channels in line with best practice. Produce and publish internal communications content as required
- Devise and lead an ongoing programme of measurement to evaluate the effectiveness of Phase One communication and engagement activity to help improve future Phase One communications
- Approach the Corporate Affairs team for guidance on external messaging and lines to take
- Basic project management
- Creative thinking
- Change management
- Developing, delivering and measuring internal communications programmes that support cultural and organisational change within large operational organisations
- Ability to influence and manage stakeholder relationships at a senior level
- Ability to shape and deliver key messages to various audiences aligned to their individual needs
- Ability to deliver accurate written and verbal communications
- Ability to interact with other people in a positive and cooperative manner
- Ability to supervise and develop a team
- Experience in employee engagement and change communications, including holding dedicated employee engagement and change communications roles
- Experience of delivering issue management communications
- Experience delivering staff engagement and change communications in a large, complex organisation with decentralised teams
- Experience of developing coordinated internal campaigns and milestone communications
- Experience of using new and innovative communication channels
- Experience of communicating in a unionised environment
- Experience of setting and managing a budget, including effectively managing third-party suppliers
- Experience of managing and delivering internal communication channels, including using measurement to inform improvements to channels
It is expected that you will actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
High Speed 2 (HS2) will be the UK’s new high speed rail network. As well as improving capacity, the new scheme will shorten journey times between a number of Britain’s major population centres, boost the economy and create thousands of jobs.
HS2 Ltd is a safety critical organisation with safety being one of our core values. Employees are required to ensure reasonable care of their own and others’ health and safety by taking personal responsibility for working to the HS2 ‘Safe at Heart’ programme principles and following safe working procedures.