Community Integrated Care Website
We are looking to appoint an energetic, resourceful and self-motivated communicator, with strong knowledge and experience of a broad range of print and digital channels, the post-holder will possess exceptional written skills and creative flair. With a keen eye for a great story and the ability to tell it in the most compelling way, they will be passionate about developing the Community Integrated Care brand internally. They will do this by promoting the achievements of our colleagues and the people we support, creating opportunities for them to have real involvement and influence within the organisation, and bringing our organisational story to life in the most compelling way.
The successful candidate will be a true ‘people’ person, with the ability to build great relationships at all levels within the organisation. They will be committed to developing a deep understanding of our workforce, motivated by the desire to make Community Integrated Care a better place to work, so that our services are better places to live.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Writing creative and compelling content for a range of internal communications channels, both print and digital, in a timely and credible way (including regional newsletters, magazines, managers’ briefings/updates, company intranet, weekly digital roundup etc.)
- Supporting the creation, delivery and project management of our internal magazine, including sourcing and writing engaging editorial features and content, as well as influencing creative direction.
- Developing and managing the corporate intranet, ensuring it is an engaging, useful and up-to-date tool for the organisation, as well as developing, supporting and training a network of Intranet Content Administrators.
- Acting as editorial gatekeeper for the organisation’s internal social media presence, Yammer, ensuring consistency of content and messaging.
- Overseeing the creation and delivery of Community Integrated Care’s Regional Newsletters and Weekly Roundup.
- Working with colleagues across all operational divisions to advise and support them with their Internal Communications & Engagement activity, acting as the first point of contact for all incoming service enquiries and requests.
- Leading on the delivery of an annual programme of events including reward and recognition events, engagement events/conferences for Senior Leaders or managers’ briefings, with the aim of improving leadership visibility and involvement.
- Taking ownership of delivery and measurement of internal recognition schemes, as well as assisting in the development and implementation of new methods for recognition.
- Supporting leaders throughout the organisations with presentations and materials for internal presentations, updates and briefings.
- Developing and delivering stand-alone communication plans for specific organisational projects or initiatives.
- Creating a range of multimedia content for various internal channels including photography, videography, infographics etc.
- Developing a network of trusted Internal Communications Champions across the business to support with the effective delivery and cascade of key corporate messages and initiatives.
- Supporting the Internal Communications & Engagement Manager to oversee the effective operation and promotion of our GameChangers Employee Forum both locally and nationally.
- Supporting the Internal Communications & Engagement Manager by using data to report on and measure the success of campaigns and initiatives to develop audience insights and influence future projects.
- Measure user activity across all channels and produce a monthly staff Communications & Engagement dashboard.
- Measuring the effectiveness of internal activity or campaigns through regular employee surveys or ‘pulse’ checks, in order to make on-going improvements.
- Supporting the Internal Communications Manager with the development of action plans following employee surveys and ensuring communication of activities conducted as a result of employee feedback.
- Collaborating closely with the external marketing and business development teams to ensure stories and content are shared in the most effective and timely way across all internal platforms.
- Working with external design suppliers to plan, manage and deliver creative internal communications/promotional campaigns within appropriate timeframes and budget.
- Acting as brand ambassador, ensuring that all materials are aesthetically on brand, with the correct ‘look and feel’ and that all activity reflects our brand promise.
- Acting as an ambassador for communication best practice, ensuring that all internal communications are in line with our charity’s tone of voice and style.
- Identifying, researching and implementing new channels and tools for improved communication across the organisation.
- Keeping abreast of emerging Internal Communications trends, innovations and technologies, and advising the Internal Communications Manager and/or Head of Communications & Engagement on how these can improve communications within Community Integrated Care.
- Any other reasonable responsibilities assigned by the Internal Communications Manager and/or Head of Communications & Engagement, commensurate with the scope of the post, including some administrative and budgetary support for the team where necessary.
- Professional or higher qualification in communications, marketing or journalism
- IOIC / CIPR qualification and/or membership is desired
- Experience in a communications role, ideally within a large organisation or agency
- Experience of planning and managing internal communications projects / campaigns from beginning to end
Skills / Abilities
- Proficient and engaging copywriter
- Excellent planner
- Confident in building and maintaining relationships at all levels – a true ‘people person’
- Ability to juggle multiple projects whilst ensuring high quality control is maintained
- Resilience and the ability to work flexibly and under pressure
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including presentations
- Strong skills in standard packages such as Microsoft Office
- Thorough understanding of internal communications channels and best practice
- Appreciation of what makes a compelling story
- Knowledge in Adobe Photoshop and video production software would be highly regarded
- Knowledge of trends, innovations and future opportunities in Internal Communications would be desirable