Amazon Web Services (AWS) EMEA SARL (UK Branch)
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, English, or a related field.
- Substantial progressive internal or external communications and/or customer service.
- Advanced writing and editing skills with minimal peer or managed edits needed.
- Experience creating content: digital, written, training, video, or visual communications materials.
- Experience in all aspects of change management from audience and stakeholder analysis through implementation and success metrics tracking.
- Superior listening and interpersonal skills to interact within all levels of the company.
- Excellent organization and program management skills to successfully multi-task.
- Ability to link communication plans and activities to business results.
- Qualified candidates will be comfortable in a multi-tasking, high-energy environment. They will be creative and analytical problem solvers with a passion for clear, timely communications and excellent customer service.
- Must be comfortable in fast-paced, deadline-driven environment and able to manage priorities well.
- Experience developing creative, effective communication plans for a diverse, remote, and mobile audience and executing those plans.
- Experience creating training content and training videos using screen capture voiceover software.
- Willing to roll-up one’s sleeves and get work done, even when it’s outside the scope of the job.
- Strong financial and business analytical skills.
AWS’ growth is driving a rapid expansion of its world-wide business development team and there is an increased need for support in communications, strategic messaging, and change management. The successful candidate must be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and thrive in a dynamic environment. The ideal candidate has several years in communications, change management, and/or capabilities development, and has strong written and verbal communication skills.
The person in this position will work across the EMEA team to develop communications materials for a diverse internal customer base. The ideal candidate is poised, has a clear communication style, and is able to work with multiple stakeholders to distill complex information into a digestible format and present that information to multiple audiences in a way that anticipates their needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understand the communications needs of various internal audiences, crafting messages that are impactful and lead to desired outcomes and manage the review, approval and distribution processes.
- Independently develop and implement comprehensive communications and messaging frameworks and timelines spanning multiple quarters.
- Develop executive speeches, narratives and internal communication content, including speechwriting and speaker prep and internal communiqués for senior executives.
- Be recognized as an authority and thought manager in executive, field/channel or employee communications, and contribute to the development and adoption of innovative principles, ideas and creative delivery platforms.
- Proactively communicate ahead of changes to minimize uncertainty.
- Work with the EMEA management to understand potential upcoming change impacts and develop change management frameworks to assist in smooth adoption.
- Be able to work across multiple functional and regional teams in AWS to collaborate on launch materials, communications and training for new or updated tools, systems or processes.
- Able to assist in defining new business process and assess what communications and additional materials will ensure successful adoption, and then be able to create those materials.
- Strong deductive reasoning skills that allow the candidate to formulate innovative solutions.
- Results oriented – driven to meet deadlines while not sacrificing quality.
- Attention to detail, accuracy, process-oriented and organized.