Overview of Citi:
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services and wealth management. Citi enables clients to achieve their strategic financial objectives by providing them with cutting-edge ideas, best-in-class products and solutions, and unparalleled access to capital and liquidity.
In EMEA, Citi primarily operates as an institutional bank, known as our Institutional Clients Group (ICG). ICG primarily serves four types of clients: multinational corporates, financial institutions (including large institutional investors), the public sector and the largest local companies. ICG’s primary business lines are Corporate and Investment Banking, Markets and Securities Services, Treasury and Trade Solutions and Citi Private Bank.
Global Public Affairs (GPA) is responsible for enhancing and protecting Citi’s reputation around the world. In EMEA, GPA includes four key disciplines: media relations, employee engagement, institutional branding and community development. The regional head of each of these disciplines sits in London and is responsible for oversight of that discipline both within the London hub, and for the region as a whole.
Citi has an on-the-ground presence in 55 countries throughout EMEA, and GPA has individuals or teams based in 27 of those countries. GPA’s EMEA hub is located in London, Citi’s regional headquarters.
Role / Position Overview
The EMEA Head of Employee Engagement and Communication is responsible for all employee engagement activities throughout the region, both within the London hub and Citi’s 54 EMEA countries outside of the UK.
These activities include employee engagement, manager communication and the management of our various employee communication channels.
The role also involves management of the regional CEO’s employee engagement strategy.
- Oversee the creation and implementation of a comprehensive employee engagement strategy for the EMEA region, which includes:
- field work in all key countries to determine the mind-set of various employee groups, their levels of engagement and identify gaps
- partnering with senior managers to develop a management-led engagement and communication strategy to influence their employees and create better alignment with the overall organisation and with the client at the centre
- partner with management to lead that strategy, and assist lead that group in execution
- oversee the execution of those strategies, and exercise quality control
- Oversee the implementation of engagement strategies for all key leaders in EMEA (executive management/product/function). Key focus on crafting their messaging based on feedback from their teams and other stakeholders.
- Lead an effort to assist people managers throughout the organisation in making their teams more responsive to business objectives and client needs.
- Manage a team focussed on identifying communication gaps within and among our products, functions and geographies, and advising leadership teams on the creation and execution of strategies to address these gaps.
- Seek out information transmission blockages within businesses and provide managers with the advice and tools to create more robust linkages.
Content and Channel Management
- Oversee a team of individuals who manage the creation and distribution of content through key regional communications channels.
- Lead the internal communications strategy for the regional CEO, including overseeing regional town hall content and scripts.
- Ensure internal messaging is aligned with business objectives, is consistent across platforms, and with external messaging.
The successful candidate will manage a comprehensive employee engagement and communication strategy for a global organisation within one of its key regions, encompassing on-the-ground operations in 55 countries and with more than 23,000 employees. The role plays a critical role in driving ongoing change initiatives at the company to create a more collaborative and cohesive culture with our clients at the centre of everything we do. The role involves active engagement with a wide range of senior leaders from around the EMEA region, helping them to build and strengthen connections for their teams throughout the organisation.
- Long-term, strategic thinking and planning.
- Focus on outcomes rather than inputs/information delivery.
- Ability to build relationships across a large, complex organisation and influence key decision-makers.
- Build teams within businesses to help drive a culture shift towards increased manager-led communication and accountability.
- Experience creating and executing comprehensive employee communications and engagement strategies for a large and complex business, ideally within the financial services sector.
- Experience building and maintaining strong relationships with leaders across all areas of a global bank.
- Experience managing and motivating a team of 6-7 people focussed on employee communications and engagement.
- Social media capabilities.
- Presentation expertise.
- Team and consensus-building expertise.
Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, Public Relations required or equivalent Communications educational experience preferred
- Ability to navigate a large and complex organisation.
- Strong planning and organisational skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously; prioritise and manage time effectively.
- Attention to detail.
What we Offer
As well as a competitive salary and consideration for a yearly discretionary bonus Citi offer;
- 23 days paid annual leave
- Award winning pension scheme,
- Life assurance and
- Private medical insurance with Bupa healthcare.
In addition, we offer a competitive maternity, paternity and adoption leave scheme and employees also have the option (provided they have a student loan from the Student Loan Company) to divert saver and company match contributions to their student loan. We pride ourselves on our ability to offer employees a number of lifestyle benefits including; on site restaurant and coffee shops, online shopping and concierge service and subsidised clubs and societies.
Our select benefit package offers you the opportunity to customise your benefits according to your own lifestyle preferences and includes corporate discounts, memberships and a range of additional extras.
Our vast range of diversity networks and on site multi faith room demonstrates Citi’s commitment to growing a diverse workforce.
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://jobs.citi.com/job/-/-/287/9198016 →