- Contribute to the shaping of and delivery of the Corporate Affairs strategy and for defining the UK internal communications strategy, ensuring it is based on the needs and priorities of the business
- Manage a senior team of communication experts channel managers and team and communication delivery managers including social media and reputation team. Developing talent and capability within internal communications team
- Resourcefully manage a budget and manage KPI’s across the internal communication function
- Ensure the consistent excellence in channels and content delivery
- Accountable for developing and executing strategic internal communications activity and campaigns that support building mutual trust between O2’s leaders and their teams, and also leverage the converged team model, using external content and aligning plans across the team wherever possible.
- Provide strategic counsel to the exec team, senior and wider leadership teams to empower them to communicate effectively in a way that plays to their personal style with their teams and the wider organisation
- Lead the delivery of Internal events which bring employees together and engage them in working for the company, working with events and external agencies.
- Be the link between the UK Exec team and the communications team – ensuring these stakeholders are at all times fully briefed and satisfied with the level of support they are receiving
- Produce and execute on plans for internal communications which will continuously improve the quality of communication in our business, including counselling senior leadership on the best use of internal communications to achieve their business objectives and build employee engagement for their function
- Champion and drive creative communications that are strategically relevant and drive a deep understanding of our business strategy, ensuring people understand what actions and behaviours will drive the greatest chance of success – across multiple verticals and horizontals and customer groups including online and offline communications
- Develop and lead the O2 Internal communication strategy to build corporate culture and enhance understanding of, the vision, values, brand and corporate policy, so that O2 people commit wholeheartedly to delivering it
- Lead on the design of the internal communications creative narrative
- Manage complexity on a day to day basis and support O2 people through continuous change. Collaborate and align with HR to provide platforms for effective dialogue with line managers and senior leaders within a business which goes beyond communications and into new markets
- Maximise every opportunity presented by a sophisticated and integrated suite of communication channels- particularly around the digital comms evolution. Creatively developing exciting new ideas and provide the frameworks, channels, policies and governance to foster a culture of two-way communication throughout O2.
- Drive rigorous evaluation and continuous improvement of IC activities, drawing on industry best practice and seizing opportunities to innovate and stand out. Ensure that everything the IC team does is clearly aligned to the business strategy and is rigorously measured and evaluated to demonstrate ROI
- Deliver and develop, innovative, stand-out employee events and conferences by thinking outside of the box, both surprising and delighting your audience
Manage the use of agencies to support the planning and delivery of Internal Comms
Build on the opportunities currently in place to recognise team and individual efforts, have fun at work and celebrate success
We are looking to pay a competitive salary (depending on experience) for this position, and in addition we have some great benefits that could include a bonus, life cover, health care, holiday entitlement and lots of flexible benefits too.
Joining Telefonica means opening up a world of freedom, support and possibility. A fascinating world where you’ll be able to think bigger, be bolder and try new things. And where there are endless opportunities to develop your career.