- Connect staff with strategy to ensure each employee understands their personal contribution to the company’s success;
- Connect leaders with staff at all levels to strengthen employee engagement and motivation and drive a high-performance culture; and
- Connect the organisation with the external world and customers.
- Builds collaborative relationships to become the principal business interface regarding the delivery of internal communications for Trading and Supply, as well as Global Commercial to an extent.
- Drives and develops internal communications strategies and plans by rigorously applying communications methodologies; coordinating with key leaders to drive global internal communication plans.
- Applies a “consultancy” approach and uses fit-for-purpose resources from the relevant practice areas to execute plans and deliver internal communications products and services.
- Builds relationships with the relevant EVPs and VPs and Leadership Teams; demonstrates deep knowledge and affinity for leader’s business priorities.
- Advises and coaches business leaders (EC-2), and leverages collaborative relationships with HR, Organizational Development and Strategy, for the collective delivery of improved employee engagement and dialogue, in pursuit of better business results.
- Works in partnership with GC and T&S External Relations colleagues to deliver communications results seamlessly.
- Ensures message consistency, alignment and relevant translation of Downstream and IGNE priorities and to support the ambitions of Trading and Supply and Global Commercial.
- Applies strategic measurement analysis and advice in coaching/counselling senior leaders, and to drive continuous improvement and simplification.
- Contributes to the achievement of the functional journey for the IC CoE.
- Experienced communications professional with proven ability to develop, manage and execute strategic communications in support of business objectives
- Preference for experience in internal communications, balanced by supporting experience in other disciplines or specialties of communications, marketing or public relations
- Experience in securing the trust of senior leaders and contributing as a trusted advisor, and/or experience in an agency or consultancy as an account director or client-relationship manager
- Proven capabilities to deliver under time pressures and shifting priorities
- Demonstrating strong business acumen quickly and effectively to become a true business partner
Shell started operations in the United Kingdom more than 110 years ago. Since then we have grown into a leading innovative oil and gas company that rewards its employees by investing heavily in their careers and learning. Our people are our greatest asset, and our commitment to your career will see you thrive in a work environment that offers an industry-leading development programme. When your ideas travel, Shell will benefit and innovation will thrive.
Shell has a key role to play in helping meet the UK’s growing energy demand, whilst using innovative technologies to develop cleaner energy. We are the largest FTSE 100 company in the UK by market capitalisation, and make a significant contribution to the UK economy. As well as processing 35% of the gas coming into the UK, we serve more than four million customers at our filling stations each week. Shell employs some 6,400 skilled staff as well as many contractors.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://jobs.shell.com/job/london/internal-communications-adviser-downstream/28816/13804229 →