CONTEXT OF ROLE
The Internal Communications & Engagement team is responsible for developing and delivering a creative, responsive and tailored internal communications and engagement strategy. By developing channels and creating and managing messaging, the team is responsible for providing mechanisms to celebrate successes, bring clarity and transparency to changes, and facilitate two-way engagement, so that internal audiences can share their stories, be actively consulted on change projects and have reasons to feel proud about working for WWF-UK.
MAIN PURPOSE AND SCOPE OF THE JOB
The post holder will support the senior internal communications and engagement manger in the delivery and measurement of engaging communication campaigns, messages and activity; manage the development and delivery of core communication channels, in collaboration with a number of departments across the organisation.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- To support the delivery of creative, targeted and impactful communication and engagement campaigns, activities and projects, which support the objectives of the internal communications and engagement strategy.
- To identify ways to measure the success of activity and ensure regular evaluation reports are produced with specific reports prepared for individual campaigns.
- To be responsible for scheduling and creating high-quality and engaging internal communications and engagement content on a weekly basis for core channels, and to deliver this in a variety of mediums, including written, visual, audio and video.
- To deliver internal communications activities to support a range of projects, work areas and work groups, e.g. internal comms inductions.
- To contribute to managing the air traffic control of messages across the organisation by working closely with colleagues across departments.
- To co-ordinate quarterly focus groups to ensure channels, messages and campaigns are evidence based and insight led and support the Senior Internal Communications & Engagement Manager with the creation of the regular internal communications and engagement dashboard.
- To work with the Senior Internal Communications & Engagement Manager and the ICT team in the regular development of online channels, including intranet and social media, to ensure it maximises opportunities to support the sharing of messages and two-way engagement and interaction.
- To collaborate the wider Strategic Communications department to enhance and develop comms planning processes and to achieve greater levels of engagement, participation and conversion from our core campaigns.
- To embed and bring our brand to life for colleagues, building champions within the organisation to support our external messaging and positioning.
- To co-ordinate logistics, planning and evaluation to support a range of internal communications events.
- To undertake any other duties as may reasonably be required of you in the post.
EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATIONS & KNOWLEDGE
- Excellent and adaptive written and verbal communication skills and very good attention to detail.
- Experience of partnering with departments, getting to grips with complex content and requirements, and translating these into clear, engaging, successful and creative content opportunities.
- Confident and successful in delivering and evaluating communications & engagement projects, plans and events to high standards and for a range of audiences.
- Experience working with, influencing and collaborating with stakeholders, managing upward and across matrix structures.;
- Excellent planning, time management and prioritisation skills.;
- Experience using SharePoint and similar content management systems.;
- Desirable: Working knowledge of video editing software, e.g. Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere Elements, and Photoshop / graphics editing software.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Able to quickly build rapport with a variety of internal stakeholders
- Ability to work on own initiative, handle pressure appropriately and make day to day effective decisions
- A natural ability to multi-task and problem solve
- Able to manage sensitive issues confidentially and with sound judgement
- Delivery focused with a passion for quality and innovation, a flexible and adaptable attitude
- Ability to present written information in a structured and balanced way appropriate to the needs of the reader
- A great communicator, both written and verbal, you are able to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- An outstanding team player who is able to work effectively even when things get busy and remain calm under pressure
- Very organised with excellent attention to detail.
We are courageous, we are passionate, we are collaborative and we are guided by science and inspired by the wonders of nature. These values are embedded in our work & behaviors and any associated policies and processes are adopted consistently.
This document sets out key responsibilities of the role and is not intended to be an exhaustive list of tasks and duties. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to reasonably vary the responsibilities from time to time depending on the needs of the organisation without changing the level of the role.
At WWF-UK we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment, where diversity is valued and there is equality of opportunity. We therefore welcome applications from all sections of the community and we offer a range of benefits to encourage a work life balance.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://jobs.wwf.org.uk/displayjob.aspx?jobid=1164 →