As we continue to grow at Sage, our global communications team are looking for experienced Internal Communications professionals to join the team. The Internal Communications Business Partner, this role is responsible for supporting a core business function within Sage.
This is an ideal time to be joining Sage as we enter the next phase of our evolution as we look to create a best-in-class employee experience and drive real Colleague Success for everyone. The successful candidate will have significant scope to shape and influence colleague communications across the Group, be responsible for providing strategic counsel, advising senior leadership on the best way to communicate with colleagues both within their own function and to the wider global organization.
The Internal Communications Business Partner will be responsible for creating and delivering communication strategies that ignite, drive and sustain change in Sage’s culture, capabilities and performance worldwide and strongly influence the development of a highly engaged, high performing colleague and leader community aligned to Sage’s VSGM (Vision, Strategy, Goals and Mission) – delivering a world-class colleague experience that attracts and retains top talent.
This is a global role whereby the successful candidate will develop frequent and streamlined communication and engagement activities across the full colleague and leader community circa. 12,500 colleagues, across 23 countries, working closely with the Regional IC Directors. We’re seeking someone who is self-sufficient and able to liaise directly with key stakeholders and supporting functions and agencies at all levels.
The successful candidate will work with colleagues at all levels. Strong stakeholder management experience is essential, as well as first class project management and writing skills. Experience of working in cross-functional teams is highly desirable as is a collaborative, positive mind-set, and experience of using modern internal communications tools. Sound experience of change management and change communications is also required.
The impact of this role on the business is significant and we’re seeking candidates who are colleague engagement-focused, proactive, strategic, and creative in his/her approach and suited for a fast-paced, demanding, but fun environment.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
- Creates and implements internal communications/change and engagement strategies for Sage regarding key company initiatives and programs
- Support the deployment of change initiatives, by developing internal communications campaigns to educate, inspire and motivate, advising and seeking ideas and feedback from regional IC business partners on assets, global best practices etc.
- Work closely with Regional Internal Communications teams to strategize and promote, educate and inform employees locally.
- Have the confidence and knowledge to advise and challenge senior stakeholders.
- Have significant compliance responsibility with regulations including data protection, GDPR, works councils etc. which affect communications delivery on a country by country basis.
- Partner with People teams to interpret data and determine effective communication strategies from employee opinion surveys, focus groups, event surveys, etc.
- Write local and global communications to employees including executive communications, functional updates, etc.
- Maintain and populate content for all communication channels within HR, including playbooks, company updates, employee spotlights, business initiatives, event promotions, etc.
- Continuously evaluate the most effective platforms and behaviours to share information, updates and knowledge.
- Develop and implement creative ways to engage employees, in coordination with key stakeholders, maintaining budget controls.
- Create programs and activities that matter most to the employee culture, while driving overall business performance.
- Maintain a pulse on the latest trends in employee engagement and strive to innovate what’s new and next.
- Maintain a big-picture perspective; able to link programs, activities, and communications in ways that support a cohesive employee experience.
- Work closely with executives to develop their communications, including written materials and presentations, and effectively advise them on communications strategy.
- Implement thoughtful, innovative and engaging communications that demonstrate diversity and inclusion and build on and enhance Sage’s VSGM, values and behaviours.
- Contribute to the development of a world class comms function
Skills, know-how and experience:
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills – written and verbal
- Proven ability to create and execute communication plans across a complex matrix and work with multiple functions
- Capable of building productive relationships and able to work closely with senior leaders and in team environments
- Experience of driving change through transformational communications
- Able to manage multiple projects and work at pace and to timelines
- Experience in social and digital communications
- Relentlessly positive and a solutions-oriented attitude
- Strong understanding of channels, optimization and technology that are both informative and creative and that engage the audience.
- Diplomacy with an ability to maintain confidential information.
- Experience of working with brand agencies, consulting and research agencies
- Commercial understanding, intuitive understanding of areas of priority and opportunity based on commercial impact and risk.
- A good understanding of GDPR
Technical / professional qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business, Marketing, Communications or journalism discipline
- Significant experience internal communications experience
- External Marketing Communications experience preferable