EDF Energy Plc Website
The post holder will report to the Internal Communications Manager and is accountable for the development and delivery of the communications plans and mechanisms for a number of divisions within Customers.
Responsible for the provision of high quality, professional advice and guidance on a wide range of communication issues to the management teams within the functions they support and in conjunction with the HR Business Partner.
The role requires the individual to assist in the development and delivery of function-wide messages and communication programmes
Nature and Scope
The post holder must have the ability to develop relationships with business owners throughout the business, as well as an ability to work well under pressure to manage fast moving challenges.
It will be important for the post holder to develop a good overall understanding of our business and the sector in which we operate, in order to recognise areas of sensitivity and opportunity.
- To support the Internal Communication Manager in the delivery of effective internal communications process across a number of divisions within Customers;
- Delivery of Customers and companywide initiatives that are developed by the Customers Internal Communications team; in alignment with EDF Energy and Group
- Development and delivery of divisional communications
- Regularly review the effectiveness of communications (channel and content) and in order to ensure that content is of the highest quality and that channel usage is optimised
- Maintain and develop divisional intranet sites ensuring their use as an effective communications tool
- Support the delivery of divisional internal communications events across Customers
- Implement external best practice in internal communications mechanisms and practices under the supervision of the Internal Communications Lead
- Ensure that EDF’s ambitions, ethics and business principles are communicated and reinforced across the business at every opportunity
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications, Experience
- An education to degree standard is required, or a demonstration of ability to the same level delivered in a working environment.
- Relevant professional qualification or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrable experience in supporting the delivery of successful internal communications activities and events.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Understanding of communications issues and their impact on employee engagement
- An understanding of communications channels and their operations.
- Analytical and thinking skills, combined with the ability to communicate effectively in writing and in person.
- Ability to influence staff and leaders on communications issues.
- Credibility with senior operational managers
- Able to work effectively across the business unit with ability to influence others over whom they have no direct control
- Experience of the energy sector is preferred.