Bristol Airport Website
You will join our People Team at an exciting point in our journey, supporting the agenda for high employee engagement and empowerment, ensuring Bristol Airport continues to be a great place to work.
You will gain a deep understanding of the entire business, utilising feedback and survey findings to inform internal communications, practices and initiatives (e.g. recognition schemes), and partnering with key stakeholders. This truly is a very special role where you will be able to promote best practice, support the business with developing a consistent and cohesive internal communications style and help build a culture where employees feel valued and engaged.
In this role some of your main responsibilities will include:
- creating and implementing an internal communications strategy that reflects Company values and supports achievement of our Vision and Strategy
- coordinating the creation and development of the Company Intranet as our primary communication and engagement tool, ensuring the content is insights-driven, relevant, regularly refreshed, interactive, and drives traffic
- supporting the change management agenda by ensuring organisational events and change initiatives are effectively communicated to employees and stakeholders
- championing the Employee Forum as an effective opportunity for 2-way communication, encouraging membership, organizing meetings, speakers and events, and supporting project groups.
- liaising with colleagues in the PR/Media Relations teams to ensure internal messages are consistent with external messages, and use of social media is aligned
We’d like you to have worked in a similar role and be able to provide examples of how you have made valuable contributions to internal communication and engagement initiatives. In addition, we’d like you to have really good knowledge of internal communication channels, technologies, strategy and best practices, together with examples of where and how you have applied these in a workplace setting
Proactive and self-motivated, you’ll have strong organisational, planning and prioritisation skills with the ability to juggle multiple challenges and initiatives at any one time. A strong relationship builder, you will be comfortable working at different levels, with different operational teams.
Understandably given the nature of our business, everyone who is employed at Bristol Airport must undergo a rigorous referencing and vetting process. We will need different information depending on the job we have offered you. For all roles we’ll carry out a criminal record check to confirm you do not have any live or unspent convictions (this is called a basic Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check or basic disclosure). It’s important to know that if you have resided in another country or countries for 6 months or longer, you’ll need to get criminal record checks from all the relevant countries to cover the last five years.
Why work for us?
In an ever-evolving industry we’re growing fast and now is a really exciting time to join the airport at a major time of growth. Currently the ninth busiest airport in the UK, and the fifth largest outside London. We are a modern airport, defined by great people who are skilled, passionate and confident, and who are committed to providing great service with a relaxed and friendly style. This blend of talents, focus and dedication makes us extraordinary.
At Bristol Airport, we’re committed to providing our employees with a broad range of rewards and benefits:
- 25 days annual leave (increasing with service)
- Pension & Life Assurance
- Private Health Care & Health Screenings
- Flu Vaccinations
- Cycle scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Performance Related Bonus scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Free on-site gym
- Getting the balance right
- Airport discounts and savings
To read more about the benefits you could receive, or to find out more about our recruitment process, please visit the career pages on our website.
Please note, Bristol Airport reserves the right to bring forward the closing date of any of its job vacancies if we receive a suitable number of quality applications from which to make a shortlist. Therefore, we recommend at you apply as soon as possible rather than wait until the published closing date.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://jobs.bristolairport.co.uk/vacancies/679/ →