Anglian Water Services Ltd Website
Salary – circa £33,000 dependent on skills and experience
We recently announced plans to invest £6.5 billion into our regions water and sewerage networks to help protect the environment and secure water resources for generations to come. We borrow water from the environment, store it and treat it to world-class standards. We are an award winning organisation with almost 5,000 employees and have just been voted as the best place to work in the UK and utility company of the year.
What will you be doing?
Delivering key messages to our employees plays an important part to our success. This is a 12 month contract where you have the opportunity to develop your skills as a communications specialist in a busy and forward thinking organisation.
As we prepare for our next five year strategic period (2020 – 2025) you will support our transformation programme delivering internal communication materials. This includes:
- Supporting key stakeholders in creating materials that deliver transformation goals, translate corporate strategy, promote our business plan, and execute internal communications plans
- Building relationships with key internal stakeholders to support the delivery of communications initiatives
- Providing practical support for the delivery of key corporate initiatives, such as Leadership events, and other corporate campaigns or events
- Generating content (such as video, photography and other digital assets) for use across multiple channels
- Managing suppliers, invoicing, payments, and other administrative responsibilities
- Supporting the wider brand and communications team with ad hoc communications as required, including during crises and incidents
What do you need?
We are looking for an experienced communications professional who is passionate and committed to delivering our strategy. In particular you’ll need to have:
- Experience within a similar role delivering internal communication strategies and using a variety of communication channels
- Experience of event and / or project management
- Awareness of the significance of social and digital media in the modern communications mix
- An understanding of what makes good content, and how to create and curate it
- The ability to translate multiple / complex messages into simple, compelling and engaging formats
- Strong experience of stakeholder management
- The ability to work to tight deadlines in a high-pressured environment
- Excellent attention to detail and communication skills
- Strong organisational and planning skills
What benefits do we offer?
Being a successful water company doesn’t come easy! Our people are important to us and we want to make sure that we reward and recognise all of the great work that they do. Some of our benefits include:
- Bonus scheme
- Private health care
- Competitive pension scheme
- 23 days annual leave rising with length of service
- Flexible benefits to support your wellbeing
- Flexible working (dependent on your role)
We are passionate and committed to the learning and development of our people making sure they have the right skills and knowledge to be successful and to help achieve their potential. We also take Health and Safety very seriously in everything that we do.
If you are offered a job with us, you’ll be subject to the relevant/standard employment checks, including: your right to work in the UK, reference, driving licence and identity check. Depending on your role, you may also be subject to further pre-employment checks. Due to the nature of this role, you’ll have the opportunity to work from home on occasion. There is also the ability to work from one of our other offices / sites on occasion.
Closing date: Sunday 20 January
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://awg.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/AW/job/Huntingdon/Internal-Communications-Executive_R1643-1 →