Hastings Group Website
Working with the Head of Communications, the Internal Communications Manager will help shape and have responsibility for delivering the internal communications (IC) strategy and will support with corporate communications for the Hastings Group so all of our 4Cs stakeholders (Colleagues, Customers, Company and Community) feel engaged and motivated to help deliver our objectives.
Your remit will include the following:
Work with the Head of Communications to evolve and deliver the internal communications strategy that supports the Company’s vision and strategy.
- Develop and deliver internal communication campaigns to support key initiatives and objectives.
- Work with business areas to identify, draft and deliver appropriate internal content that effectively shares the Hastings story with key stakeholders through relevant channels.
- Day-to-day management of internal communication channels alongside Communications Executive.
- Identify new and develop existing communication channels to promote collaboration and improve two way conversations.
- Provide subject matter expertise to internal stakeholders to help them communicate effectively within their teams and departments.
- Work closely with the PR Manager and Communications Executive to make sure that the internal and external story are aligned and consistent.
- Help develop/deliver key message led events, reports and change comms programmes.
- Manage and measure feedback channels, surveys and results.
It’s our attitude and the way we run our business that makes us different. We focus on getting it right for our colleagues, customers, company and community. It’s a dynamic, flexible, fun and constantly changing environment. You’ll enjoy the scope to make a real difference for our colleagues, influence our company, benefit the communities we work in and have fun along the way.
Required experience and skills
- Significant Internal Communications experience gained either in-house or agency.
- Proven success developing and delivering communications campaigns and initiatives.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge and experience of managing intranets / content management systems and social media.
- Relationship management – influencing and interpersonal skills at all levels.
- Professional role model and ambassador of company values.
- Competent analytical skills to measure and interpret feedback data.
- Microsoft Office and CMS platforms, e.g. SharePoint, WordPress.
- 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) including Maths & English at Grade C or above.
- Willing to work flexibly and across Hastings Direct UK sites as travel will be required on a regular basis.
- Communications qualifications or training desirable, e.g. CIPR qualification, Melcrum black belt
Benefits for you
Please find some of the great benefits we offer here at Hastings Direct;
- Competitive basic salary which we will share with you upon shortlisting, but do feel free to email the Recruitment team for more details in advance of your application: email@example.com
- 2 days a week working from home
- Bonus earning potential
- 25 days holiday
- Flexible benefits – buy or sell holidays, opt in Dental plan & Health cash plan
- Discounted Hastings Direct products
Hastings Group is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. Please also note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.