British Heart Foundation Website
Are you an experienced Internal Communications professional? Do you possess top level editorial skills? Can you create truly engaging copy?
If so, you could be the Internal Communications Manager we’re looking for.
About the role
We have ambitious plans to ensure we become a truly world class organisation. With around 3,600 staff and 22,000 volunteers across the UK, communicating and engaging with our people is a vital part of achieving our strategy.
As Internal Communications Manager, you’ll manage and continuously improve the internal communications channels for all of our staff and volunteers, supporting in the delivery of an organisation-wide, world class communication and engagement strategy.
Your job will be to:
• Manage, develop, evaluate and improve communication channels across the organisation
• Lead on the development of our intranet, working to embed it as the main channel for day to day internal communications
• Engage with stakeholders and communication champions across the BHF as contacts for projects, local new stories and to gain feedback on internal communications
• Manage and continuously improve content for our Retail channels with key stakeholders (Retail Directors, Regional Directors, Heads of Departments, Project Managers etc.)
With a proven track record in delivering internal communications in multi-site organisations to a variety of audiences you’ll have:
• Substantial experience of writing and editing copy
• Excellent communication and problem solving skills
• Be able to create engaging content across a range of media and develop creative and innovative solutions to communications issues
• Able to influence stakeholders at all levels
• Strong project management skills
• Experience of direct line management
In return we offer a generous benefits package including flexible working, healthcare cover, dental plan, subsidised gym membership and substantial annual leave.
The British Heart Foundation (BHF) is the nation’s heart charity with a mission to lead the fight for every heartbeat through pioneering cardiovascular research. We fund thousands of scientists in the UK carrying out cardiovascular research and our work has been central to the discoveries of vital treatments that are helping to change the face of the UK’s fight against heart disease.
How to apply
To apply for this role please use the apply button below. Our process involves submitting your CV and supporting statement, which should outline your interest and explain how you meet the role’s criteria.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert early.
British Heart Foundation recognises and respects the value and diversity of all.