Despite the current circumstances we are still recruiting for roles. In compliance with UK Government advice relating to COVID-19 this role will be remotely based in line with our current workforce and we will supply you with the tools and technologies to enable you to do so. Similarly all interviews will be conducted by google hangouts or equivalent video conferencing technologies.
Internal Communications Manager – 10 month fixed term contract (maternity cover)
We are looking for someone exceptional to lead our Internal communications function (IC).
We have 60 years of experience under our belt and have fast become the UK’s largest consumer organisation. We are an organisation with a mission – to make consumers as powerful as the organisations they deal with.
About the role
It’s a really exciting time to join us as we have recently gone through a period of change, and we are continuing to transform the way in which we work. We have a great opportunity for a seasoned Internal Communications Manager to be responsible for a small team of internal communications professionals, who together will deliver engaging, connected and mutli-channel internal communications.
This role will report into and work in partnership with our Head of Communications. You will work with all levels of the business and be seen as a critical player in ensuring that everything we do is clearly communicated and understood by all at Which?
Are we grabbing your attention? If so, then let us tell you a bit more about the role…..
What will you be doing?
- Deliver our Internal Communications strategy, working with the Head of Communications to secure buy in from our Leadership Team and CEO,
- Ownership of the IC annual work plan and reporting, coordinating the delivery of a robust set of measures to evaluate our success, reporting back to LT and CEO on progress against strategic aims.
- Overseeing all internal communications work, encouraging the team to use innovative, creative and appropriate techniques and tactics to achieve our strategic aims and ensure our organisational strategy is understood and embedded across all business sites.
- Coordinate the IC team to inform and engage our employees in our strategy and raise understanding of our aims, journey and the crucial role played by each member of staff in delivering our strategy, including supporting activity to change behaviours.
- Overseeing cross-function work with our People team to increase employee engagement and to define and embed Which?’s values.
- Keeping on top of industry best practice and new and innovative approaches, bringing ideas for how these can be implemented within Which?.
You’ll have a strong background in internal communications, with experience of managing and developing people. You’ll have substantial experience in planning and delivering a communications strategy. Like us you will be brave and not afraid to question the status quo, always looking for a better way to make things happen.
With a positive can do attitude you’ll be energetic and rigorous and not afraid to share new ideas and demonstrate new ways of working. You’ll be adept at developing strong relationships and will work closely across internal teams.
You will also partner with our leadership team and won’t be afraid to influence our senior leaders. You’ll be a strategic and creative thinker with excellent written and organisational skills who enjoys working at a pace in a busy environment. You will be passionate about what you and your team do and the measurement, evaluation and success will be paramount to you.
What we’ll give you in return
- In addition to a competitive salary we offer a generous 28 days holiday, life assurance and private medical care.
- We really believe in getting the best out of our people, and our refurbished modern working environment is welcoming and friendly (as well as fruity Monday’s, a subsidised canteen, great facilities for cyclists and lunchtime runners). Our office is conveniently located close to Great Portland St and Regents Park underground stations. We even have a private roof terrace and access to a private section of Regent’s Park- perfect for the summer!
- If you are successful, having a great start with us is important, we will onboard you remotely and have processes in place to ensure you will have all the necessary tools and equipment to enable you to work effectively from home.
At Which? we value diversity and we’re committed to creating an inclusive culture where everyone is able to be themselves and to reach their full potential. We proactively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and cultures and believe that a diverse workforce helps us to understand and create a positive impact for consumers