To be part of a global working community that has been honoured within the top 100 Great Places to Work for the past 12 years; that’s the best way to describe life as a Racker.
It’s something we’re quite proud of, and it’s the hard work of our Internal Communications team which has contributed greatly to that effort.
This is an opportunity to create and execute an IC strategy which will continue to inform and inspire the 1,200 Rackers in the UK and EMEA. You’ll be responsible for the development of engaging content and its distribution across a number of existing internal channels. Being a global business that is forever evolving, we understand the need for Rackers to know what is going on. So, monthly basis, you’ll be responsible for delivering our flagship ‘Open Book’ session where senior leadership share their thoughts on company performance, our future plans, and all the celebratory news across the business.
To shape the communication strategy in a business which is expanding at a phenomenal rate, is a challenging and rewarding task, and it can only be achieved by working collaboratively with other Rackers in Marketing, HR, Sales, Support and other corporate functions. You’ll also work closely with our MD and our EMEA Leadership Team to help articulate and bring to life our mission and vision.
On a day to day basis your role will involve:
- Planning, managing and driving the internal communications strategy
- Owning and delivering regular and ad-hoc communications programmes including monthly Open Book, annual kick-off presentations, two-way communication channels and personalised internal newsletter.
- Ensuring that EMEA Rackers understand the company strategy, objectives and scorecard, and overall corporate message.
- Building strong relationships and trust with senior leaders and Rackers and providing credible, strategic advice on communications challenges.
- Partnering with the business to assist with the development of communication collateral
- Writing and distributing internal updates for Rackers via email, the intranet, our personalised email distribution system and other effective mediums for important company news.
- Work with other Communications functions (Public Relations, Analyst Relations, and Social Media) to support wider communications initiatives, and work with the US Internal Communications team to ensure global alignment.
The Ideal Candidate
- A highly experienced communications leader, with experience in all elements of the Internal Comms mix
- Experience of working in a matrix organisation, balancing multiple and mixed level stakeholder requirements.
- Experience of building strong collaborative relationships across all organisational levels
- Experience of managing relationships and influencing senior business leaders.
- Experience of creating and executing internal communication strategies that support business objectives and increase employee engagement
- Experience in developing, implementing and improving communications channels – particularly digital ones
- Someone who thrives in a working environment that encourages creativity and spontaneity
- Someone who is resilient and able to manage, and lead, a company in transformation
- Excellent verbal, written skills and presentation
- Excellent IT skills, including content management systems, and preferably publishing packages.
- Qualifications in communication, PR, Marketing or journalism (either as main degree or additional qualification) or equivalent (desirable).