Euromoney Institutional Investor PLC
Euromoney Institutional Investor PLC (www.euromoneyplc.com) is a global, multi-brand information business that is listed on the London Stock Exchange and a member of the FTSE 250 share index.
The Group actively manages a portfolio of information B2B businesses across Asset Management; Pricing, Data & Market Intelligence; Banking & Finance; and Commodity Events. Brands include Euromoney, Institutional Investor, BCA Research, Ned Davis Research and Fastmarkets. Euromoney also runs an extensive portfolio of large-scale events. Euromoney has revenues of around £400m, a market cap of about £1.2bn and approximately 1600 employees.
The business is divided into five divisions: Financial & Professional Services, Telecoms, Institutional Investor, Investment Research, and FastMarkets.
Euromoney is known for its entrepreneurial culture – Euromoney people are creative, action-oriented, close to customers, passionate about their brands, knowledgeable about the industries they serve and accountable for their results. The company aims for what it calls “the best of both worlds” – complementing these entrepreneurial characteristics with the benefits that come from being a sizeable company; for example taking advantage of Euromoney’s scale, sharing best practice, operating strategically and creating career paths for staff across the whole company. Strong central functions alongside the business divisions are essential for this.
The company headquarters are in London, with additional main offices in New York, Montreal, Hong Kong, Singapore and Shanghai. The group has a further 20 offices around the world.
About Financial & Professional Services (FPS) Division
The FPS division was recently created in October 2019 following the merger of two existing Euromoney divisions: Specialist Information and Banking & Finance. FPS is undergoing significant change following recent acquisitions, the divisional merger and a new executive leadership team.
FPS comprises c.30+ specialist businesses with approximately 1,100 people globally and provides critical, often industry-standard, information, events and tools to help our clients make high-value decisions. Our vision is to become embedded in our customer workflow through actionable intelligence and insights, strengthening relationships and aligning decision makers.
The Internal Communications Manager will take responsibility for all internal communications within the FPS division, aiding the Head of Strategy and Execution to ensure that divisional strategy as agreed by ExCo, is fully communicated across all pillars, businesses and brands.
- Establish an internal communications strategy in conjunction with the Head of Strategy and Execution
- Ensure organisational initiatives and projects are successfully communicated to employees and stakeholders
- Plan, edit and write content for a variety of internal communications mediums, such as a staff intranet, monthly magazine or regular email bulletin as required.
- Establish and manage a brand for the Financial and Professional Services Division
- Storyboard or translate ideas to the creative teams as required to ensure communications materials are appropriate and adhere to FPS brand guidelines
- Work with the CHRO, Head of SPE and or other ExCo members to assist in drafting messages for key announcements
- Create and maintain an easily accessible and well-structured library of all ExCo presentations and communications
- Ensure internal communications messages are consistent across all mediums and for different departments of the organisation
- Ensure internal communication messages are consistent with external communication messages
- Respond to feedback from staff and adjust communications content accordingly
- Handle the internal communication response to crisis situations which affect organisational perception and reputation
- Handle minutes or notes in key meetings as required
- Other duties as specified by the Head of Strategy and Execution
Measures of success include (but not limited to):
- The development and delivery of high quality Townhalls for ExCo members
- The FPS Brand is developed and rolled out by April 2020
- Creation and management of the ExCo comms library and FPS intranet pages
- Successful delivery of all communication materials
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Experience of developing communications strategies across publishing or digital businesses
- Able to work with executives and senior management to draft and deliver high quality communications
- Comfortable with internal brand management in a multi faceted business model
- Experience working in a fast paced / matrix management environment
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to create high quality presentations and other communications in MS Powerpoint or other industry leading tools.
- Operations Focussed
- Customer focussed
- Decisive and action-oriented, will actively seek and implement new and better ways of driving relentlessly for the desired business outcome
- Good communicator and influencer, with ability to present their views in a clear and compelling manner
- Collaborative approach, partnering with team members
- Professional, with the presence and credibility to win support from other functional areas, and pillar leaders, as well as external partners (e.g. venues)
- Open and willing to try different, creative ways to deal with pillar challenges and opportunities, understanding that positive outcomes are most desired
- Ability to communicate a clear, compelling vision and mobilize others to adopt, if not initiate, the required change
- Equally comfortable as a strategic and tactical player
- Resilient through change and transformation
- Intelligent, forward thinking innovator with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Divisional Executive Committee
- Risk and Regulatory Committee
- Pillar leaderships
- Business Leaderships
- Technology leadership
- Corporate Development
The Head of SPE reports directly in to the CEO of Financial and Professional Services division and will lead Divisional Risk and Compliance, Project Management, Communications and Business Operations teams.