Reporting to the Head of Internal Communications, this is an exciting opportunity to work within the Corporate Affairs team to provide effective communication to our key audiences and enable them to do their jobs, feel part of the business and act as advocates of the brand.
- Build trust, confidence and belief in the Leadership Team and in the Company Vision, Purpose and Strategy. Our people play a pivotal role in crafting the customer experience and external reputation; their trust, belief and advocacy is important.
- Help our various audiences (Company, Franchisee/Restaurant Teams and Suppliers) understand their role in executing our strategy and driving business performance and engender consensus to the business purpose and vision; build a sense of the future that is both motivating and credible.
- Promote, articulate and champion the function internally and build respect for its contribution and value.
Help implement and drive an internal communication’s strategy, and supporting plans/campaigns that will engage employees with the Company Strategy and vision. Create key communications to continually evidence the corporate narrative. These include:
- Lead on key business channels for our audiences (Franchisees, Restaurant Teams, Office);
- Work with Director of Corporate Affairs to support communication channels for the CEO and Leadership Team to ensure visibility throughout the system: e.g. Town Halls, Exec/Franchisee Roadshows, CEO Communications, etc.
- Key role in the annual business conference (AGM) project team – execute communications plan and logistics support;
- Build and be a phenomenal partner with wider Communications team (RCOs, Public Affairs, Campaigns and Media) with partners in the business.
- Lead / support on the internal social media and engagement strategy; work with agency partners to develop and implement content, campaigns and other bought-in expertise.
- Ensure that internal communications is aligned with wider corporate and external communications programmes and with the company’s brand, purpose and tone of voice.
- Ongoing review of internal communication including online and offline communication channels to ensure a robust and effective framework for two-way communication.
- Partnership with the Reputation Team to support on ourlounge (crew communications)
- Lead internal communications role in Cross Functional Teams for projects and initiatives; Project lead internal communication campaigns as required
- Consultancy/Training on effective internal communication
- Act as strategic IC partner across business and within the Communications Team
- Writing and editing content/scripts/communication as required
Leading emergency communication across the business as required
Internal Communications (part of the Corporate Affairs team), is predominantly led by a small in-house team who looks after a number of channels and provides support to the UK&I business on general day-to-day communication, projects and business priorities, as well as Leadership Communications and Internal Events (e.g. Monthly Town Halls, Executive Franchisee Road Shows, CEO Fortnightly Food For Thought email).
Internal Communications helps the business through collaboration and engagement – the team joins the dots throughout the business and helps breaks down silos. The function works closely with teams in particular – National Operations, Franchising, People & Reputation Teams and Marketing to drive employee engagement through innovative and creative campaigns.
Knowledge and Experience
- 5+ years’ internal communications experience; Understanding of how communications can impact employees and influence their behaviours (and therefore the strengths and limitations of different channels and methodologies).
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills and the ability to source internal news stories
- Experience in developing and delivering internal communications strategies that contribute to improving business performance and the ability to measure efficiency.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills and ability to lead and work in tight deadlines
- Excellent inter-personal skills with the ability to build good relationships across businesses, functions and geographies. Expertise in leading internal partners and experience of how to work and influence senior management.
- Knowledge of the range and variety of communication channels, platforms and process to ensure effective and timely communication and engagement.
- Knowledge of internal and external social media and the latest channels/platforms and how social media can be used to improve internal engagement, collaboration and advocacy.
- Basic understanding of OD, communications psychology and people motivation
- Creative judgement, with the ability to implement campaigns and activities that cut through
- Displays good judgement that builds trust in credibility as a discipline guide
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.