KPMG is part of a global network of firms that offers Audit, Tax & Pensions, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology services. Through the talent of over 16,000 colleagues, we bring our creativity and insight to our clients’ most critical challenges.
With offices across the UK, we work with everyone from small start-ups and individuals to major multinationals, in virtually every industry imaginable. This role sits within the Internal Communications (IC) team, part of the Corporate Communications department, itself part of the Corporate Affairs function.
This is an Internal Communication (IC) Manager role working alongside a more senior IC business partner. The role will support a specific part of the business. You will work closely with the business partner to identify, plan, draft, deliver and measure communications for multiple internal audiences.
- Identify the communication needs of the specific part of the business
- Contribute to and implement the communication plan – creating key messages, writing, editing and measuring content
- Advise the business on optimal ways of communicating
- Help devise campaign activities to communicate the business strategy
- Align your activities to the firm-wide communication priorities
- Project management, including leading the planning and execution of events that increase engagement with leaders and colleagues, such as roadshows, town halls and leadership briefings
- Liaise with stakeholders from across the business
- Manage creative/production briefs, working alongside in house and external suppliers
- Collate, share and act upon feedback from employees, internal communication measurement and best practice to improve future activity.
- Work closely with colleagues in the broader communications team to align leadership messages and activities, and take into account the wider communications agenda
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced communicator looking to take the next step in their career. We are seeking someone with IC business partnering experience, who is used to managing communications projects and who is happy rolling their sleeves up to get the job done. Our ideal candidate is comfortable working with senior executives as well as writing for all media.
It is a varied role demanding a flexible and adaptable approach, as well as sound communications judgment, discretion and an enthusiasm for delivering the tactics. The person will demonstrate excellent writing skills, strong attention to detail and experience of managing events.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in fluent English, for all and any media
- Track record of delivering impactful communications in a fast-paced and complex environment
- Strong influencing skills and able to build relationships with all colleagues
- Experience of planning and delivering communications events, such as town halls and leadership briefings
- Knowledge of key communication channels and content development, including intranet, film and digital
- Strong sense of how to add true value as a communications professional, making a solid contribution to the success of the business
- A strong team player who is used to working collaboratively but also is very self motivated and proactive
- Energy, commitment and the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Ability to manage a number of tasks and respond to ever-changing priorities
- Ideally will have worked in a large corporate or professional services fir