Coach is a leading design house of modern luxury accessories and lifestyle collections, with a long-standing reputation built on quality craftsmanship. Defined by a free-spirited, all-American attitude, the brand approaches design with a modern vision, reimagining luxury for today with an authenticity and innovation that is uniquely Coach. All over the world, the Coach name is synonymous with effortless New York style.
Coach is part of the Tapestry portfolio – a global house of brands powered by optimism, innovation, and inclusivity.
Purpose of Role:
The Retail Communications & Customer Experience Manager is an integral member of the Retail Operations team, reporting to the Retail Operations director. This role is responsible for ensuring that all retail communications are effective, engaging and relevant through strong cross-functional collaboration and innovation. They will act as the gatekeeper to ensure that stores workload and tasks are balanced in line with business priorities and trade.
This role is also responsible for the operational success of all Coach create / Monogramming services (Customise, Personalise, Modernise) product initiatives and will be a key partner to Corporate teams and Global Customer experience when launching new strategies that will enhance the customer experience such as the Omni-channel strategy & Digital enhancements.
The successful individual will leverage their proficiency to…
- Develop the Retail Communications strategy for Europe in partnership with Retail Operations director
- Act as the Store to corporate / corporate to stores communication gatekeeper – Manage all communications to and from stores to ensure Store Managers can be 100% focused on service
- Engage in external Customer experience research/events to bring new ideas to the business that will help grow customer engagement, encourage team to do the same
- Create corporate guidelines / Calendars for when and how communication should flow to and from stores and guide departments consistently on best practices
- Develop the store iPad / digital strategy to the needs of our stores and the business; Ensure the end user is engaged and that applications are consistent across all stores
- Create and maintain a Retail Calendar with all key trade events and business priorities included to aid planning for stores, area managers and corporate teams
- Manage the weekly store communication process, evaluate how it is working and being understood in stores via store visits and feedback
- Develop a shared drive strategy to enable stores & Area managers to access key business information / processes without the need for email or PDF
- Support New Store opening communication process, Ensure all relevant tools, systems and reports are updated prior to opening. Share New store opening one page communication with Corporate and Stores teams
- Manage the set-up and implementation of key Retail events and meetings such as the Store Managers annual conference in partnership with Operations Manager and Global Operations teams
- Support the Retail roll out of global communications initiatives for Coach, in partnership with Retail Operations director & Global Communications
- Coach Create / Monogramming development (Customise, Personalise, Modernise,) – Ensure all stores have the tools and Operational training on all customization in store offers that will set them up for success and drive engagement and therefore sales
- Develop the Monogramming strategy for Retail in partnership with Global customer experience & Corporate partners
- Omni channel: Support the European Omni channel strategy and development. Ensure the customer experience end to end process is aligned with all communication functions & reporting
- Manage the end to end Store employee uniform process, ensuring brand standards are consistent to guidelines
- Control Operating expense budgets for uniforms, repairs and printing ensuring a clear process is in place for Stores
- Partner with Global Retail Operations & Customer experience on key Global initiatives and ensure that they are suited to the European market
The accomplished individual will possess…
- At least 3 years in a similar role within retail with a full understanding of both store and customer needs
- Strong communication skills for partnering with stores, corporate partners and external vendors
- An engaging and pro-active approach to developing new customer experience initiatives and seeing them through from start to end
- A creative and inquisitive nature with a willingness to challenge the norm and see ideas through to implementation
- The skills to be able to adapt to the changing demands of the business
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Willing to travel when necessary
An outstanding professional may also have…
- Experience in a digital / customer experience development role
- Omni channel experience
- Creative design / Marketing experience
- European language skills
Coach is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant’s or employee’s qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration.
These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. Visit Coach at www.coach.com.