Primary Role Purpose:
It is a very exciting time for internal communications and engagement at Inmarsat, as we drive forward an ambitious vision and strategy to transform the way we communicate, in support of our cultural and customer-led business transformation.
We are a small, but dynamic group internal communications and engagement team and are looking for a highly skilled, creative and proactive Internal Communications Manager to support the Internal Communications Director, to lead and deliver initiatives and campaigns across our global organisation set out within the internal communications strategy and plan.
This is a relatively new role so you will have the ability to influence and make an impact and as we are still early in our internal communications transformation, for the right candidate there is the opportunity to innovate and shape the agenda – a rare opportunity. The role will report to the Internal Communications Director. Key relationships will include senior leaders in the business, the Human Resources team, and corporate communications and marketing teams.
- Lead and implement communications initiatives aligned to the internal communications strategy and plan, ensuring they are successfully communicated to employees and stakeholders, and aims of the project are effectively met.
- Act as trusted internal communications advisor on the full spectrum of the portfolio – acting as a key point of contact for the business providing advice and guidance on messaging, the full range of existing internal communications channels and developing new activities as appropriate.
- Bring creative approaches, fresh thinking and insight to challenge our existing ways of working and processes, driving greater impact in a more efficient and effective way.
- Proactively engage with and support the upskilling of our Internal Communications Champions network and stakeholders across the organisation to deliver agreed deliverables.
- Ensure internal communications messages are consistent across all channels and work closely with external communications teams to align internal and external messages.
- Plan, edit, write and publish content for a variety of internal communications across channels, such as for our intranet, All Staff quarterly meetings, regular ‘wrap-up‘ bulletins and emails, while also managing subject matter experts to provide content.
- Use a range of channels and integrated programmes to communicate with employees internally.
- Draft messages or scripts from senior executives for presentation to employees in written or spoken form.
- Respond to feedback from employees and adjust communications content accordingly.
- Ensure all internal communications activities are fully evaluated, support the overall communications strategy and reflect the key messages of Inmarsat.
Key Knowledge and Skills:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Significant track record of devising and delivering internal communications and engagement strategies and plans.
- Evidence of developing and delivering an internal communications plan to high standards and to a range of audiences across role levels and geographies, as well as utilising varied channels and measuring impact of initiatives on engagement.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills, especially as this role will work with senior leaders across the business
- Excellent planning and organisational skills – we are small team working in a dynamic environment, so be able to plan and organise, often to tight deadlines is essential
- Expert written and verbal communication skills, particularly in clearly communicating the vision and key messages of programmes.
- Experience at managing conflicting requests and priorities, as well as setting and delivering to realistic deadlines.
- Creative thinking and problem-solving, with the ability to translate ideas into actions and outcomes.
- Proven ability to effectively collaborate, influence and manage a wide range of stakeholders.
- Ability to hit the ground running and deliver from day one.
- Ability to work in ambiguity and with pace in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to work with autonomously.
- Experience of working in a global environment an advantage
- Experience working with Adobe Creative software an advantage
You must be eligible to work in this location advertised.
Our values define Inmarsat’s culture and represent what we believe in. Inmarsat employees aspire to certain behaviours which support our corporate values, they create a stronger working environment and lie at the heart of our continued success as an organisation.
- Accountability – taking ownership, getting results and keeping our promises
- Respect – collaborating, embracing diversity and valuing differences
- Excellence – creating bold solutions for our customers and putting quality at the heart of everything we do