Virgin Media Inc. Website
Role: Internal Communications Manager, Change and Planning
Location: Hook / Reading
Salary: Competitive Salary + Amazing benefits
Please note our Hook offices are relocating to Green Park in Reading in October 2019.
Virgin Media is currently searching for an experienced Internal Communications Manager, Change and Planning to support the business by designing and delivering robust internal communications plans to support business change and key strategic projects.
What’s the purpose of this role?
As a trusted advisor, the role will ensure the internal communications plans support our Virgin Media Purpose, Values and key priorities whilst delivering the message to our people in a clear, concise and thoughtful and engaging manner
What does the job entail?
In this role you would be responsible for a number of key activities including some of the following:
- Establish a change strategy for Internal Communications to deliver and embed change effectively
- Work in partnership with relevant management and programme teams to develop and implement change programmes
- Work closely with the wider Internal Communications team and IC Executive, Planning, to ensure the design and delivery of change programmes considers other activity taking place across the business
- Understand the key business drivers and success criteria to be able to design and deliver effective internal communications plans
- Accountable for a one week, one month and six month plan covering Internal Communications activity whilst running and managing a daily editorial board, covering our key communication channels
- Act as a key interface with employee voice forums, ensuring absolute two way communication
- Create suitable collateral and support the relevant Leadership Team through the delivery of announcements via a variety of channels e.g. All Hands Calls, Presentations, Town Halls etc
- Work closely with colleagues across Corporate Affairs to ensure messaging lands effectively with the right audiences at the right time
- Support the Head of Internal Communications, Change and be a key trusted advisor to key stakeholder groups
Where does this job sit within Virgin Media?
This role is part of our Support Division, which also includes the following centres of excellence: Finance, Group Risk, Legal, People, Property and Facilities, and Virgin Media Shared Services. We are relationship focused people and our aim is to partner with the business to drive, promote and embrace important and impactful organisational growth.
What’s in it for you?
As the right candidate for the role, you will naturally be hugely customer focused and highly organised with some of the following:
- Internal Communications management experience
- Experience in delivering change and companywide internal communication programmes
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent Stakeholder Management skills
- Creativity and flexibility
- High level project management skills, planning and prioritisation capabilities and the ability to manage several tasks simultaneously
- Innovative and analytical thinking with the ability to work under pressure and to short timescales
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, at all levels within the business
- Previous experience in writing scripts and supporting senior key stakeholders
- Strong relationship building and interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively
- Awareness of new technology and trends within the internal communications sector
Other great information
Through our strategic partnership with Scope we are supporting one million disabled people to get into and stay in work by the end of 2020. This supports our commitment to build an inclusive workplace where everyone is welcome and can thrive. We are committed to supporting disabled candidates and employees through our Work With Me adjustment process. If you are thinking about applying for a job with us and have a condition or impairment please let us know so we can remove barriers and explore adjustment options.
Virgin Media is part of Liberty Global, the world’s biggest cable company. We are delivering the biggest investment in the UK’s digital infrastructure for over a decade. Through four multi-award-winning services – Virgin Fibre, Virgin TV, Virgin Mobile and Virgin Phone – we help people access technology so they can do more, be more and have more fun. Join and you’ll be part of the Virgin Media family. You can trust us to do the right thing by you.
Our benefits are your reward for being brilliant. They’re pretty darn spectacular. Just like our people. We’ve put together a package to help you love what you do, at work and at play. You will get 25 days holiday and your birthday off each year, we provide a company funded Medical Plan as well as a Pension Plan where we will match every pound you put in, up to 10%. What’s more you’ll also benefit from discounts across Virgin Media products and Virgin brands and many other perks on top.
You can find out about all benefits in full here .
Come and be a part of something special. Join us!