Thales UK Website
Thales people architect solutions that are relied upon to deliver operational advantage at every decisive moment throughout the mission. Defence and armed forces customers rely on us to deliver the full range of defensive systems for land, sea, and air. From early warning, to threat neutralisation, our platforms cover all levels from very short-range systems, to extended protection across the entire battle-space including Air Traffic Management, Vehicles and Tactical Systems and Missile Defence, Optronics, and Radar.
At Thales UK, we research, develop, and supply technology and services that impact the lives of millions of people each day to make life better, and keep us safer. With over 6,500 employees across 12 sites, we innovate across five major industries; Aerospace, Defence, Ground Transportation, Security and Space. Combining a unique diversity of market knowledge, talent and expertise, our people design and deliver solutions to overcome some of the world’s most intricate engineering challenges. From the depths of the oceans to the edges of space – and cyberspace – we help our customers master complexity by enabling them to think faster and act smarter.
Thales teams deliver cutting-edge solutions to armed forces the world over. We are Europe’s number one supplier of defence electronics and a leading provider of integrated air defence systems. But our people don’t just work with incredibly advanced technology. The armoured vehicles we build can resist the full force of improvised explosive devices, while our avionics solutions control some of the world’s most iconic military aircraft. Together, our people make the world safer.
We now have a fantastic 12 month fixed term contract position available in our Communications team. This role will be based in Glasgow but will also have responsibility for a number of other UK sites, focussing on internal communications and employee engagement. In this role you will report to the Head of HR who is based in Glasgow and you will also take functional direction from the LAS Internal Communications Business Partner.
In addition to supporting day to day activities you will be actively involved in the following:
- Establishing and owning a site communication calendar of events for our sites (Glasgow, Reading, Bury St. Edmunds, Bristol) that is in-line with the LAS UK Internal Communications Strategy
- Planning and facilitating the delivery of monthly ‘Lunch and Learns’
- Work with the Leadership Team to coordinate content and to facilitate the delivery of monthly team briefs ensuring it is in line the LAS UK Internal Communications Strategy
- Plan and facilitate monthly Employee Voice sessions across the sites and distribute summary output post meetings
- Plan and Facilitate quarterly Leadership Off sites
- Become a super user and work stream lead for the wider Intranet transformation project
- Update and sustain all Glasgow site communication channels including Thales TV and visitor welcome screen
- Establish and maintain a library of business presentation packs for the business for use internally
- Write local news articles and own the delivery of the e-newsletters and ad-hoc emails to all employees and to groups of employees
- Provide content ideas to the Internal Communications Business Partner
- Work closely with the Internal Communications Business Partner to turn strategy into action, supporting the wider transformational agenda across the sites
- Challenge the norm and suggest new, innovative ways to communicate that are in-line with the Internal Communications strategy
- Be the first point of contact for sites to support in UK wide campaigns (including managing posters and pop-up banners) and in doing so, being a brand ambassador for the site and for Thales.
What we’re looking for from you:
You will ideally be a graduate in a relevant subject, or will have demonstrable work experience in marketing or communications. You will be passionate about employee engagement and enjoy generating new ideas to make the most of our internal communications reach.
To be successful you should be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Professional communication skills, capable of adapting communications approach to suit the audience and channel
- Confidence and ability to interact and engage with employees at all levels
- Proactive, self-starter with resilience and ability to resolve delays and blockers.
- Excellent time management skills
- Creative and innovative input into all Internal Communications
Together we offer fantastic opportunities for committed employees to learn and develop their career with us. Your health and well-being matters to us and that’s why we offer you the flexibility to do what’s important to you; whether that’s part time hours, job sharing, home working, or the ability to flex your start and finish times. Where practical, we’ll support a working pattern that suits your lifestyle and helps you reach your ambitions. To discuss further, please contact your Resourcing Business Partner.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 65,000 employees in 56 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!