We are seeking a highly skilled and proactive Internal Communications Specialist whose role will be to support the Internal Communications Director and lead on implementing activities within the internal communications strategy and plan across Inmarsat globally.
Specifically we are looking for an IC Specialist to lead the implementation of a communications and engagement plan around our potential acquisition. In addition there may also be other campaign or regular group internal communications activity they will be asked to support.
The role will report to the Internal Communications Director. Key relationships will include senior leaders in the business, the Human Resources team, and corporate communications, internal communications network and marketing teams.
In particular, this role will:
- Manage and implement communications the internal communications and engagement plan for the potential acquisition, ensuring that employees are informed and engaged in the process and the potential new ownership, laying the foundations for a successful transition should the offer complete.
- Additionally, supporting our 2019 internal communications strategy and plan as necessary, be that providing internal communications and advice to the business, advice and guidance on our strategic narrative messaging, the full range of existing internal communications channels and bringing new ideas to our thinking and planning as appropriate.
- Proactively engage with our Internal Communications Champions network and stakeholders across the organisation to deliver agreed deliverables as appropriate and necessary for projects working on.
- Ensure internal communications messages about the potential acquisition are consistent across all channels and work closely with external communications teams to align internal and external messages. Integrate into our calendar of activity so that all activity is seamlessly aligned.
- Plan, edit, write and publish content for a variety of internal communications across channels as necessary, such as for our intranet, All Staff quarterly meetings, group newsletter, emails, while also managing subject matter experts to provide content.
- Use a range of channels and integrated programmes to communicate with employees internally.
- Draft messages or scripts from senior executives for presentation to employees in written or spoken form.
- Respond to feedback from employees and adjust communications content accordingly.
- Ensure all internal communications activities are fully evaluated, support the overall communications strategy and reflect the key messages of Inmarsat.
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Significant track record of internal communications and engagement experience.
- Evidence of developing and delivering an internal communications plan to high standards and to a range of audiences across role levels and geographies, as well as utilising varied channels and measuring impact of initiatives on engagement.
- Expert written and verbal communication skills, particularly in clearly communicating the vision and key messages of programmes.
- Experience at managing conflicting requests and priorities, as well as setting and delivering to realistic deadlines.
- Creative thinking and problem-solving, with the ability to translate ideas into actions and outcomes.
- Proven ability to effectively collaborate, influence and manage a wide range of stakeholders.
- Ability to hit the ground running and deliver from day one.
- Ability to work in ambiguity and with pace in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to work autonomously with guidance.
- Experience of working in a global environment an advantage
- Experience working with Adobe Creative software an advantage
You must be eligible to work in this location advertised.
Our values define Inmarsat’s culture and represent what we believe in. Inmarsat employees aspire to certain behaviours which support our corporate values, they create a stronger working environment and lie at the heart of our continued success as an organisation.
- Accountability – taking ownership, getting results and keeping our promises
- Respect – collaborating, embracing diversity and valuing differences
- Excellence – creating bold solutions for our customers and putting quality at the heart of everything we do