UK Government - Ministry of Housing, Communities & Local Government
- Play a key role in ensuring the internal communications team is effective and innovative.
- Support the delivery of MHCLG’s internal communications and engagement strategy.
- Provide guidance to senior leaders and internal stakeholders on the manner in which messages and key themes are communicated to ensure consistency, clarity and impact.
- Contribute to the development of creative communication campaigns and implement them effectively in support of key business / strategic objectives.
- Ensure key messages and activities are relevant at a departmental and individual level.
- Set clear objectives and evaluation criteria for communications and engagement activity.
- Effectively use various communication channels as appropriate means for communicating with staff.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of communication processes and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Work collaboratively to build effective relationships with key stakeholders in the department.
- Work collaboratively with the external communications and senior leadership engagement teams to ensure consistent and joined up internal and external communications on key themes.
- Experience in planning, coordinating and delivering effective communications plans.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Expert written and verbal communications skills.
- Comfortable dealing with a range of stakeholders and negotiating and influencing at all levels.
- Experience managing intranets, events (including logistics) and other communication activities.
- Good at listening and understanding stakeholder needs.
- Ability to work under pressure, manage competing priorities and changing deadlines.
- Good knowledge of the communications landscape, and the role of digital communication in internal communication.
- Self-motivated and able to see opportunities to improve and develop.
- Willing to help out and support other team members.
- Excellent planning, organisational and time management skills.
We’ll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Managing a Quality Service
- Seeing the Big Picture
- Communicating and Influencing
- Working Together
- Delivering at Pace
We’ll assess you against these technical skills during the selection process:
- Communications – Insight
- Communications – Implementation
- Communications – Impact
- Learning and development tailored to your role
- An environment with flexible working options
- A culture encouraging inclusion and diversity
- A Civil Service pension