Leadership Communications Manager- AVP
- Develop and execute internal communications and engagement strategies for Cards & Payments that support business objectives, the CEO and Senior Leadership team, and a high performing and engaged workforce.
- Be a role model for best in class internal communications, working collaboratively with all in the Corporate Communications team across Global Consumer Banking & Payments
- Support the VP Senior Communications Manager and the Director of Employee Communications across a broad spectrum of work (CEO communications, internal communications within Cards & Payments and group wide communications programmes).
What will you be doing?
- Support the Director of Employee Communications to create, develop and deliver a strategic CEO and broader colleague communications and engagement plan, which is measurable, comprising – but not limited to: broadcast content/ blogs; financial results; senior leadership change communications; Senior Leadership Events; roadshows/town halls; and, site visits.
- Manage Stewards communications for c.100 leaders across Cards & Payments including leadership events twice yearly, monthly VC meetings and cascade communications.
- Be a trusted communications advisor to Senior Leadership Team members.
- Develop and demonstrate strong understanding of the business’s strategic goals, performance and audiences, and translate that knowledge into clear and compelling communications advice and activities.
What we’re looking for:
- Demonstrable experience in corporate communications, and / or internal communications
- Demonstrable experience in effectively creating and delivering communications campaigns
- Demonstrable experience in building excellent stakeholder relationships with leaders within a large organisation, and ideally at the C-suite level.
- Agile, collaborative, fast paced approach with the ability to effectively navigate, influence and succeed in a matrix environment
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Experience in and knowledge of the financial services sector
- Agency management
- Communications qualification
- Creative fresh thinker who demonstrates best in class ways of working
Where will you be working?
- London, Canary Wharf
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That’s why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with us.