American Express Website
Don’t just work for a market leading global company. Help grow one.
Part of a global communications team, this role is responsible for supporting employee and executive communications for the President of American Express’ International Consumer Services (ICS) and Global Travel & Lifestyle Services (TLS) groups, comprised of 8,000+ colleagues and partners around the world. Based in London, and reporting to the Vice President of Public Affairs & Communications, the Manager will support executive communications for the group President and other senior business leaders.
He/she will work closely with colleagues across markets to create, plan and manage employee communications and engagement programmes, conceive and manage ongoing editorial features for group’s intranet site, and provide guidance to business partners around a variety of strategic business initiatives. The role carries a heavy emphasis on writing, including regular e-mail newsletters, communications on business unit strategy, major developments, organisation changes, maintenance of Intranet sites, etc.
- Develop effective leadership communications programmes for the President of Amex’s ICS and TLS business in order that employees understand the strategic direction of the business, goals and best practices. Includes extensive written and video messaging, speechwriting and development of presentation materials.
- Partner effectively with global executive offices and partner teams to write and develop communications such as video treatments and scripts, blogs, talking points, FAQs and organisation announcements.
- Develop communication strategies for colleague-sensitive announcements, including governing appropriate audiences and coordinating scheduling.
- Manage the development of news and feature content for the ICS intranet site and other global channels.
- Provide internal messaging for company-wide initiatives and issues, as well as those unique to ICS & TLS.
- Draft, format and manage personalised congratulatory notes to award winners and key accomplishments throughout the organisation that reinforce the ICS culture.
- Develop impactful global strategies and communication approaches that help drive employee engagement and articulate change across a variety of channels.
- Partner with local communications managers to develop and roll out visual communications and branding across markets; manage external vendors as needed.
- Oversee logistics for global town halls and executive telepresence meetings.
- Manage ICS and TLS distribution lists and mailbox activity.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Significant experience of communications/public relations or related experience
- Proven ability to craft and implement effective employee communications plans serving broad audiences; multinational experience a plus
- Experience working across a variety of communication channels, including social media, web and video
- Innovative thinker who is comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Creative, self-motivated team player, with proven ability to effectively collaborate with colleagues to support large-scale initiatives
- Strong writing skills
- Excellent judgment
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com or 00800 83 000038 (free phone, subject to individual carrier charges). For Russia based candidates on 810 800 83 000038.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 27, 2018, 5:25:17 AM