One Stop Convenience Stores Limited (by Tesco PLC)
About the role
At One Stop we aim to serve our local shoppers a little better every day, with a culture that is friendly, fun and where everyone is treated with respect, you have a really great place to work. As part of the team you can make a difference to our business by:
Treating each other how they like to be treated.
Making things easier.
Working together as one team.
Making our customers at the heart of everything we do.
We want you to understand the business inside out, we need you to live and embed our values and build great relationships with the amazing people across our business.
You will be responsible for
- Produce and deliver clear, accurate and timely communications which are right first time, at the right time.
- This includes populating News & Tasks onto company engagement platform, Cascade packs, head office emails, video content & Briefing Documents.
- Assist in planning and implementing key colleague engagement events throughout the year.
- Create and produce ad-hoc seasonal packs, e.g. Christmas Planning Book, always striving to be better than the previous year.
- Build strong relationships with stakeholders across the business by being proactive and seeking news and stories; asking the right questions so that the audience is left with no questions.
- Challenge stakeholders when communication requests are untimely or not fit for purpose.
- Able to plan to detail, ensuring daily, weekly, monthly & project deadlines are met.
- Work closely with wider Store Support team and other key teams around the business.
- An element of a rota-based weekend on-call communications cover is necessary for this role.
- Always open and willing to seek feedback on communications in order to improve.
- Understanding of how video and design helps to deliver comms.
- Assisting with projects and campaigns where needed.
- Manage and produce Quarterly Bookwork (HND, Post Office, Franchise, Safe & Legal and FTG.
- Manage Promotion News process – including design, stakeholder management for content and proofing.
- Manage Active Sell campaigns including – setting targets, monitoring results and compliance, managing/ordering prizes.
- Producing and designing Internal Poster Campaigns for Stores, DC’s & SSC.
- Invoice Administration.
- Working alongside Franchise Team, to manage content on Franchise Platform.
- Sourcing Information, designing, and producing SSC One Weekly Document.
- Complete Promotion Visits, feedback to group and action any necessary communications.
You will need
- Experience of Outlook, Word, Power Point & Excel to produce Communications & supporting documents
- Highly organised, able to work to deadlines.
- Excellent writer – able to adapt style according to audience
- Eye for detail – excellent spelling and grammar
- Experience of balancing priorities in a fast paced, constantly changing environment
- Experience of working in a retail environment is preferable but not essential
- Knowledge of internal communications is preferable but not essential
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud is preferable but not essential
- Enthusiastic and willing to learn
- Team player, with a great working ethos
One Stop Stores Ltd is a leading organisation in the UK Convenience Store market, we are owned by Tesco PLC but operated as a separate business.
One Stop is a retail convenience business with over 850 shops and a key focus on being the best store for customers in the neighbourhood. Open 7 days a week
One Stop aims to meet the needs of all its local customers. Since 2003 we have been a subsidiary of Tesco.
With our stores situated throughout England and Wales, there’s sure to be a
One Stop near where you live or work.
What’s in it for you
At One Stop we value our colleagues just as much as our customers, and part of this is the benefits we offer:
10% Discount in One Stop & Tesco stores
Discounted Tesco pharmacy services
Discounted shopping website
Free eye Test
A great holiday package
A commitment to your career development
Community involvement and charity work
One Stop is a subsidiary of the Tesco Group but is operated as a separate business and as such benefits offered will differ between One Stop and Tesco.