Thermo Fisher Scientific
As Senior Manager, Employee Communications you will be responsible for executing key communication programmes and activities to help employees in the EMEA region within Life Sciences Group better understand the group strategy as well as the broader company overall.
This role will specifically focus on maintaining the strategic communication initiatives in place for the group’s EMEA region, including change management, leadership communication and tactics that help our employees better understand the business, technology and the markets and customers we serve with a critical focus on the unique needs of the diverse cultures in the region. The focus of this position will be to help employees in the region connect to the mission, connect to the business and to each other – to ultimately drive engagement and retention in the region.
What you will do:
- Managing regional communication channels such as quarterly town hall content, leader messaging and blogs, Site Leaders communications network across the region, and the development of customer connections stories and videos that highlight the company’s mission
- Key point of contact for all change management efforts impacting the group in the region, partnering closely with the HR organisation, business leaders and other members of the communications team
- Working with the LSG Communications team in conjunction with the regional business/HR and function management, maintain targeted internal communications strategy/mechanisms to deliver overall corporate strategic messaging to group employees and help drive employee engagement in the EMEA region.
- Managing change management initiatives for the EMEA region in conjunction with local HR and the LSG change management communications team
- Implementing a Yammer strategy in the region
- Providing guidance and alignment to Vilnius, Lithuania based communications team member by maintaining dotted line reporting relationship
- Writing, editing and delivering content for various regional communication channels and manage regional implementation according to specific cultural needs
- Writing leadership blogs, scripts or other communication content as needed
Who we are looking for:
- Extensive progressive experience in corporate or employee communications within the EMEA region, with an emphasis on change management and employee engagement initiatives
- Expert writer, editor and communicator
- Excellent PowerPoint capabilities
- Degree in communications, journalism, or similar discipline; advanced degree preferred
- Experience in social media platforms, intranet content development and other communication technology
- Experience in creating and implementing change management strategies, working with employee Works Councils and consultation forums
This role will include travel to the US on occasion therefore flexibility is essential
What we offer:
- On site subsidised gym
- Free on site car parking
- Contributory Pension
- Private medical insurance
- Flexible benefits
As the world leader in serving science, our work is more than something that fills our days. When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. With revenues of $24 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. It’s not just a career, it’s a chance to realise your best – professionally and personally.
Join us and contribute to our mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.