We require a senior-level internal communications professional to develop and deliver the Group’s internal communications strategy and play a vital part in contributing to the Group’s employee engagement. A confident and persuasive communicator who can act as a trusted advisor to internal stakeholders, you will help build and maintain the reputation of the company from the inside out through the delivery of a strategic communications plan aligned to the company’s objectives.
Based in the London corporate office, you will be working in close proximity to the senior management team, therefore, you will possess the highest standards of discretion and professionalism, gained through experience of working in a large corporate organisation, ideally a listed company or similar. Bringing your expertise to business issues, you will provide relevant solutions and constructive challenge with credibility and gravitas.
Working alongside the other members of the Corporate Communications team, you will play a key role in liaising with and supporting internal communications teams within our operations and functions in the UK and North America. By ensuring that the Group’s key messages are communicated clearly and consistently, you will help employees to understand and contribute to the aims, plans and priorities of the company, inspiring them to deliver our strategy, live our Values and work towards the achievement of our Vision.
Our role is to create and disseminate consistent messages to constituent stakeholders on which the Group depends, building support for our corporate objectives and business interests through coordinated advocacy and engagement programmes.
Our objective is to increase understanding of the corporate vision, strategy and values; demonstrate how FirstGroup is delivering them for our customers worldwide
- Develop an overarching Internal Comms Strategy and ensure this aligns with and supports both the Group’s overall strategy and direction, and the Corporate Comms strategy
- Working with the Group Corporate Services Director and Group Head of Communication, support the Group’s flagship leadership programme and embed a Values-led way of working
- Provide advice on, and manage, communications to support key business projects
- Develop and implement communications plans, within timescales and budget, in conjunction with internal parties, applying a project management approach
- Manage the flow of communications information between FirstGroup and its operating companies and their employees
- Manage the communications for corporate functions at the Group’s centre, facilitating valuable conversations and curating inspiring and relevant content for this audience
- Manage the internal communications programme to ensure a coherent and consistent delivery of key messages by Group directors to local Managing Directors and their employees
- Support the management of communications during crises as and when required, working closely with the Group and local communications teams
- Management of the Corporate Internal Communications framework, including:
o The appropriate use of, and engagement with, our corporate communications channels
o Review and analysis of data analytics, reports and qualitative feedback, to ensure ongoing continuous improvement of our communications
o Implementing or revising governance and other policies and procedures relating to Internal Communications
o Identifying and analysing opportunities to progress our communications approach and ensure we keep pace with our employees’ expectations and external good practice
o Curating content and creating new material, as required
Are you Degree qualified?
Do you have significant internal communications experience at manager level or above (essential)?
Knowledge of the transport sector is an advantage.
Do you have excellent, effective and influential written and oral communication skills?
Are you persuasive in diplomatic liaison with strong consultation skills?
Do you have political astuteness and judgement?
Are you resilient and can handle pressure with good humour?
Do you have experience of working collaboratively with colleagues and stakeholders in a listed company or similar large corporate organization?