Are you an employee engagement superstar looking for your next challenge? Are you an organizational influencer who can drive understanding of and excitement for change? Do you have a proven track record of executing communication strategies with a grounding in the pharma R&D space? Are you a self-starter with a strong grasp of new media? If the answers to these questions are yes, then we want to hear from YOU!
As a Senior Communications Manager supporting R&D Culture and Engagement, you will serve as a key member of the R&D communications team. This is a fantastic opportunity to join our cutting-edge R&D function in a highly visible role, where your work will have an impact on the future of the division and company. Join us as we reshape our culture and re-imagine what Innovation looks like across GSK.
The Senior Manager will serve as a key member of the R&D Culture & Engagement team and will report to the Head of Culture & Engagement for R&D. In addition, this new role will:
- Be aligned to Early Science, Technology and Pipeline communications colleagues to create and deliver unified, cohesive messaging
- Partner with HR and Org Development colleagues in support of R&D culture shift programming and activities
- Provide strategic, internal communications change management communications support to R&D functions, as needed
- You will execute internal communications strategies in support of early science and technology for the Pharma R&D group
- Manage key internal innovation-related campaigns
- Help input on social media campaigns
- Manage the approval processes of content for media relations (press releases, Q&A, reactive statements) and social media posting (GSK social priorities, video)
- Manage an editorial content calendar to ensure smooth timelines for development, approval and posting in concert with US brand and digital communications colleagues
- With the Comms Director, you will ensure effective programming and pull-through of key communications campaigns for internal audiences
- Partner and liaise with global and US pharma communications team members on developing content (eg videos, photo essays, partner testimonials)
- Cultivate and build strong, positive relationships with R&D teams, Business Units, key stakeholders and with communications partners
- Consult with leaders and participate in cross-functional teams to develop and execute departmental change communication strategies
- Create and develop content for Workplace, including written material, infographics, video pieces, etc.
- Partner with site-based engagement leads to bring internal communications activations to life at key R&D sites
- Adhere to budgets and deadlines
- Track success of communications tactics via a variety of metrics
- Role model GSK values and expectations
- You will help manage external agency partners, including PR agencies
- Role model GSK values and expectations
- Extensive communications related experience
- Excellent communications track-record, including experience in designing, developing and creating new media (e.g. video, digital, storytelling/infographics)
- Pharmaceutical knowledge, preferably in R&D
- Brand, culture, engagement and change management work
- Launch and/or employee communications planning and execution experience
- Strong interpersonal skills with multiple and diverse stakeholders
- Strategic and creative thinker who knows how to construct compelling stories that will resonate with a variety of internal audiences (i.e., scientists, sales, marketing, manufacturing, etc.)
- Strong project management skills
- Proven experience developing content across a range of platforms and media (digital-friendly, visual/storytelling style, such as videos and infographics); versatility in creating both branded and unbranded content and willingness to innovate
- Strong logistics and organization skills, i.e., background in designing, planning and executing large meetings for internal audiences, with attention to detail and the full audience-experience
- Experience with back-end SharePoint systems
- Hands on technical capabilities and design capability
- Experience within Executive Communications
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
We’re open to all talent – whatever your gender, disability, marital status, religion or belief, age, race, sexual orientation, ethnic or national origin.
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you’d like to discuss any adjustments to our process which might help you demonstrate your strengths and capabilities. You can either call us on 0808 234 4391, or send an email firstname.lastname@example.org
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is voluntary. This will be used to help us understand how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information, it is not used in any part of the selection process and we will treat your information confidentially and use it anonymously.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK’s commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK’s Transparency Reporting For the Record site.