- The Senior Manager, Employee Communications for Global CMB is responsible for:
· Managing stakeholder relationships and providing strategic communications counsel and support to the business on a day-to-day basis
· Providing employee insight to help influence business priorities and decision-making
· Delivering best in class leadership communications activities using different channels and in different formats to build a credible vision for the business
· The development and implementation of employee communications programmes and campaigns for CMB globally, including specific change and transformation programmes
· Maintaining oversight of business support officers in the business who have responsibility for operational communications
Impact on Business
- Be the ‘go to’ person for the business on employee communications to develop and drive activities that support business goals and deliver results
- Manage internal campaigns and news so important business projects and information are communicated to employees within the business.
- Create compelling content and messages using storytelling to engage employees about the progress and priorities of CMB, aligned to our purpose, strategy and values.
- Surface compelling stories from within the business that help drive employee engagement and support for strategy.
- Arm people managers with briefings and materials that inform and mobilise employees.
- Influence and provide communications advice to business support officers with responsibility for operational communications
- Consider the external implications of implementing employee communications campaigns and projects and collaborate with media relations colleagues on external messages to mitigate risks.
Customers / Stakeholders
- Stellar relationship management and influencing skills to help the business achieve business goals through customer centric employee communications activities
- Provide insight and counsel to business leaders on employee communications and help them become better leaders
- Work collaboratively with communications colleagues across business, functions and regions to ensure plans and messaging are aligned with central, global strategies.
- Work seamlessly and collaboratively to deliver high standard and creative employee communications plans and content.
Leadership & Teamwork
- Provide advice and guidelines to regional employee communications teams and to those with operational communications responsibility within the business to ensure communications are aligned.
- Monitor the overall quality of employee communications delivery within the global business.
- Develop strong relationships with key champions, advocates and colleagues to facilitate execution of communications plans.
- Ensure execution to world-class standards and share knowledge and best practice across the communications network.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest employee communications research, techniques and approach, and network with peers.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
· Maintain consistency and quality across all operations
· Able to spot and solve potential compliance and reputational issues
· Manage budgets delegated by the Global Communications Exco.
· Ensure robust escalation of emerging risks
· Ensure adherence to all Communications set governance and policies.
- Comply with Group policies and procedures and maintain all required records.
· The ability to operate in a complex and matrixed environment – the ability to handle pressure, a high degree of emotional intelligence and resilience will be critical
· The role holder will need to exercise considerable influencing skills targeted at the C-suite level down to the working level, and across different geographies in order to be successful
- The jobholder will be based in the UK
- The jobholder may have direct reports depending upon the projects underway
- They will need to be able to work flexible hours as the role demands
- They will have authority to take responsibilities for their dealings with internal and external teams
- The jobholder will be aware of their legal and regulatory obligations regarding the management and non-disclosure of price sensitive and other confidential information
- Knowledge of the HSBC Group and its values and culture will be an asset
- Effective working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Communications is an environment where flexibility is essential to meet the changing requirements made on the function.
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications
· Over 10 years’ experience in a senior communications role within a sizable company; experience working in global roles across different geographies will be an asset
· Impeccable relationship management skill and the ability to handle pressure and conflict with tact and diplomacy
· Proven track record in delivering compelling, engaging and authentic employee communications programme; experience working directly with C-suite level executives is desired
· Proven experience in planning and delivering large scale change projects
· Proven experience in producing content across different channels, including written stories, videos and audio format
· Understanding of the banking industry will be a plus
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://hsbc.taleo.net/careersection/external/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en_GB&job=670648 →