The BMC function has an important role to play in helping to achieve EY’s Vision 2020 ambition to become the leading global professional services organization. We work hand in hand with the business to take services and solutions to market; bring our purpose, building a better working world, to life for our people, clients and communities; engage our people and build a high performing culture; and to build the commercial value and emotional resonance of the EY brand.
BMC is led globally by Karen Hopkins. The function is made up of around 2,000 professionals, working across the Executive and Regions in the following areas of specialism: Brand; Marketing; PR/Media Relations & External Communications; Internal Communications &Employee Engagement; Corporate communications.
BMC also includes a number of teams who are responsible for content development, editorial, webcasts, events-staging, strategy, planning and operations. Through the collective power of BMC, and the other teams and specialists we work with, we aim to build a better working world by driving commercial value through distinctive marketing and communications that deliver measurable market impact.
Job Title: Solutions Communications and Engagement lead
Job Rank: Assistant Director
Function: Business Development, Marketing & Communications
Sub Function: Brand, Marketing and Communications
Reports to: Global Client Service Communications and Engagement Leader
The Solutions Communications and Engagement Assistant Director is responsible for leading the delivery of internal communications and engagement programs for three of EY’s Vision 2020+ strategic priorities: Creating alternative business models (ABM), deliver managed services at scale (MgS) and commercialize a data agenda (data agenda).
Vision 2020+ is the next step in our Vision 2020 plans and builds on the success we’ve achieved so far. Vision 2020+ accounts for the fast-paced changes that the world is undergoing, including rapid advances in technology, new client needs, macroeconomic and geopolitical shifts and people’s new expectations of the future of work. Our Vision 2020+ strategic priorities will help us fulfil our purpose, achieve our ambition and change the future shape of our business.
The Solutions Communications and Engagement Assistant Director will play a key role in engaging EY leaders, partners and other audience groups with ABM, MgS and the data agenda by developing and implementing internal communications and engagement plans and by creating messaging and materials that tell a compelling and coherent story. He or she will report to the Client Service Communications and Engagement Leader and work closely with his team, as well as work closely with the Global Services and Solutions BMC Leader and her team.
The role holder must build strong relationships with the senior leaders responsible for driving ABM, MgS and the data agenda and work collaboratively across EY’s Brand, Marketing and Communications (BMC) function to deliver integrated, consistent communications.
The successful candidate will be an experienced, resilient self-starter and team player with strong stakeholder management skills and good business acumen. He or she will be hands-on, responsive with excellent writing and publishing skills. The role requires the ability to provide strategic communications counsel, as well as the identification of newsworthy angles and messaging that will engage leaders, partners and other EY audience groups with these Vision 2020+ strategic priorities.
The ability to manage stakeholder requests and prioritize projects will be key, ensuring alignment with key areas of focus for BMC and the business.
Global working and an understanding of EY’s audiences and matrix organization is essential.
Success in this role will be through the delivery of comprehensive, world-class internal communications and engagement programs that deliver sustainable, measurable results. Success will be measured through program usage, EY’s global people survey and pulse check and the global brand survey.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Develop and manage communications and engagement programs for EY’s multiple audiences; identify their diverse needs
- Drive rollout of Executive [Global/Area] internal communications and engagement programs for ABM, MgS and data agenda that resonate in the Regions, across service lines and sectors
- Drive consistent processes for delivering strategic communications for ABM, MgS and data agenda that are in scope; adapt communications for relevance/effectiveness
- Help to collectively drive performance goals and deliver the Client Service communications plan
- Team effectively across BMC, including with colleagues in Brand and Marketing
- Develop and lead feedback loops that help inform and ensure relevancy of messaging for EY audiences
- Develop methods for supporting innovation and change
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge on communications and change management issues, trends and long-term implications for EY
- Develop and deploy consistent communications plans that reach key internal audiences while allowing for local input, customization and integration of messages in appropriate channels
- Manage relationships with key stakeholders
- Pursue activities that are related to higher-level, strategic long-term objectives.
Knowledge, Competency and Skill Requirements:
- Organizational buy-in: Demonstrates strong leadership and consensus-building skills in a dynamic environment
- Technical: Excellent written verbal communications skills
- Results-driven: Delivers on EY’s, and BMC’s strategic priorities; aligns communications with EY’s go-to-market and performance agendas and revenue goals; communicates the BMC value proposition
- Inspiring others: Enables and demonstrates innovative thinking and inspires action
- Be a point of integration: Enables knowledge sharing throughout BMC and EY; has the ability to synthesize information from others; connects all facets of the business when initiating, developing and implementing communications and marketing projects; helps the business address its big issues; serves as an organizational connector
- Problem solving/conceptual thinking: Demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities needed to establish and refine the strategies that drive brand as well as organizational performance and add value to the business
- Global business acumen: Demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities concerning global business fundamentals, business models, ethics, competitive analysis and cross-cultural/geographical sensitivities.
- This is a global role and thus can be located anywhere in the world
- Global travel may be required pending business needs.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent area of study or experience); advanced degree preferred.
- Substantial brand, marketing and communications experience in a world-class global organization
- Experience delivering communications and engagement programs to partner audiences within a matrix organization with proven and demonstrable results
- History of developing business content to a publishable standard
- Proven ability to influence and build collaborative relationships with senior-level stakeholders