Circa £45,000 plus benefits (Grade D)
Manchester city centre
2 vacancies – 1 permanent and 1 maternity cover until Sept 2019
We’re looking for two senior business partners to join our internal communications team. If you have the experience we’re after to create and deliver relevant and engaging messages to colleagues right across the Co-op, we can offer you a fantastic opportunity to develop your career with a business that puts people at the heart of its strategy.
In this role, we’ll look to you to partner with the business to create relevant and appropriate communications to share various messages and changes. It’ll be up to you to assess and consult on various approaches, and come up with a strategy on how best to land different messages depending on the audience and topic.
What you’ll do:
- act as a consultant to the business, working with colleagues to develop business communications
- use your expertise to make recommendations on what methods, channels and timelines we should be working to for different communications (e.g. videos, email, newsletter updates etc.)
- make sure all changes and comms requests are in line with Co-op strategy; push back to leaders and partners where necessary
- work on multiple projects and communications at any one time
- hold weekly meetings with the wider comms team to discuss what people are working on and update on any changes
- carry out comms project wash-ups; look at what worked, what didn’t
- get involved in projects right through from start to finish
- support the business with managing communications for events
- work with the PR team to make sure communications are consistent externally
- prioritise and delegate comms production; working with the content team to brief work and manage quality in the right way
This role will suit people who have:
- experience in similar communications role
- a real passion for comms, and always have the audience in mind
- business partnering experience; managing expectations and advising based on recommendations
- experience communicating digitally
- worked on comms for projects before
- great relationship-building and influencing skills, up to senior leaders
- the drive to manage multiple priorities at any one time
- the ability to strategically think of the bigger picture
- experience using Office 365 or Yammer – this would be beneficial
As a Co-op colleague you’ll do work that matters in an organisation where principles are just as important as profits. You’ll also get a package that includes:
- a competitive salary
- 28 days holiday (rising to 31 in line with service)
- access to private health
- an annual incentive scheme
- discounts on Co-op products and services
- a pension with up to 10% employer contributions
Building an inclusive workplace
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We want to create an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of our teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make reasonable adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Co-op people policies at coop.co.uk/peoplepolicies.
Once you’ve completed your application we’ll email you inviting you to take part in an online assessment. You’ll need to complete the assessment within 3 days of applying – it should only take around 12 minutes. The assessment is designed to help us (and you) understand how closely your personal values and motivations match our own. Once you’ve completed the assessment you’ll receive a report outlining your results, and we’ll get in touch to let you know the outcome no later than 3 working days following the closing date for this role.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://jobs.coop.co.uk/job/-/-/22964/10793532?src=JB-10072 →