The Upstream Talent & Learning organisation (UTL) works across the Upstream, working with the business to identify and close capability gaps. Supporting UTL’s vision (to improve people’s lives and transform business outcomes), communication and engagement is also integral to the delivery of the UTL’s three strategy elements: (1) building a learning culture, (2) acting as a trusted partner to the business and (3) the provision of timely, accessible solutions.
UTL is looking for a modern, innovative and high energy communications/ engagement manager to help deliver this strategic intent.
1. Expert advice to the UTL organisation
The provision of expert, modern comms advice within UTL. Event planning, brochures, internal social platforms etc, all answering the key questions: how can we better engage with the business and how can we better explain/market the resulting solutions to those for which they are designed?
2. Alignment and engagement within UTL
- Working closely with HRVP T&L, build alignment across UTL, supporting the AOP and the organisation’s vision, strategy and priorities across the Upstream.
- Using a mix of the more traditional (global calls, newsletters) and more modern (internal social media platforms, video) support a shift in mindset that further encourages collaboration.
3. Alignment and engagement across the BP University structure
- On behalf of UTL, work with the academies as an integrator of activity across the BP University, helping regions and functions understand – and predict demand for – the whole (rather than just UTL) learning activity set.
4. Work as part of the broader Upstream communications CoP
- Work as part of the Upstream HR, and broader Upstream, communications CoP (Community of Practise). Integrate the UTL comms strategy into broader plans,, explaining the value and contribution that the Academy brings.
Essential experience and job requirements
- Extensive internal communications experience within a large corporate, running internal comms projects at scale and aligning manager/employee behaviour with an agreed strategy
- Ability to think globally
- Experience of managing projects end-to-end from inception to completion/measurement of impact
- Expertise in modern internal communications platforms and best practice
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location)
There are no additional requirements. Please respond with N/A below.
Desirable criteria & qualifications
Yes – up to 10%
Is this a part time position?
We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We have 75,000 employees in 80 countries, working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world’s ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together.
Corporate & Functions